Not Good Enough

A/N:

<----- Just so you know, there's another chapter before this one that I uploaded on the same day! Yas, double update, ik! But, yeah, it's there, so don't miss it!

--Nicolette--

With an intake of fresh air, I leaned over the railing of the balcony.

The cool, autumn breeze really was the most refreshing of all the seasons. Summer's one is too humid, winter's one is too cold, and spring's one gives me hay fever. So autumn really was the best. I'm happy I was born in autumn!

My good spirits were interrupted by the firm grips of my hips. Two hands hand decided to clamp down on them from behind me. What the-

Before I could react, someone trusted their crotch into my rear, humping a squeal out of me. "Jake!" I berated, turning back to catch the culprit grinding into me. 

He grinned puckishly at my displeased pout and stopped his rutting against me. "Oh, sorry, was this not an invitation? My bad," he joked with a sleazy grin. I bucked back to get him off of me. "Did you get my text?" He asked with all seriousness as I turned around to nag him. My eyes fluttered in confusion. His text? I fished out my phone to see that there were a few notifications from Jake. Crap, was it something important? I opened them up and was immediately disappointed by the content. It was a dick pic with the messages:

'I wanna fuck your cunt'

'Send me your tits'

My eyebrows furrowed and I flickered an unimpressed stare up to the grinning demon before me. "What does this have to do with anything important?" I sighed, as I tucked the phone away. 

Jake shrugged. "I was horny, Nicki. What's more important than that?" He laughed crudely as he reached over and tugged my blouse down for a peek at my cleavage. I let him ogle and whistle at it but swatted his hand away when he tried to cop a feel. His cocky smirk remained as he chuckled and rested back on his arms using the railing for support. "Alright then, what is it? What made you rush over to the Truven estate to ask me in person?" 

I hummed in contentment and backed up into the railing again so that I could seat myself on top of it this time. The sunset was really pretty. A brilliant glow of yellow and orange blazed over the horizon. The autumn wind just gave this moment that finishing touch as it ran through our hair and clothes, setting a relaxing and calming mood. I let myself become absorbed in it.

"I overheard that something big was going down tonight."

Jake raised an eyebrow at me. "You mean the thing with Ashton? Oh, yeah. I overheard my old pops talking about it just then over the phone as well," he said, dropping his head back and rolling it from side to side to crack his stiff neck. "Apparently Ashton's got something special planned for tonight that required quite the manpower. So, of course, we were going to hear about it as well," he explained, sitting further confusion within me. 

Ashton needing manpower? What for?

I tilted my head to the side, prodding Jake further. "I thought he was going to the Eleven Madison Park tonight. Why would he need all that manpower for that?"

Jake smirked smugly at me, mischief playing in his vibrant blue eyes. "Do you really want to know?" 

I sighed wearily and forced my best puppy-dog eyes onto him as a joke. He scoffed, unimpressed, turning his head the other way. "You'll have to do better than that, Clemote. This is confidential stuff, you know?" He played along, bratty. I pulled a face and pondered for a bit before giving in and leaning down to whisper something into his ear. His grin grew raunchy and he was soon complying with my demands. "Not bad, Clemote. You better keep your promises," he purred with a hooded gaze. I fluttered my eyelashes, innocently, and Jake let me in on the details. "Well, it's basically that Ashton..." he trailed off on the event planned for tonight as I listened attentively.