Chapter 13 - I'm Only Okay If You're Okay

Christian

Laying across the bed I replied to texts as I waited for Alesha to finish her makeup in the bathroom so we could get going to this stupid 'whose wallet's thicker' dinner which admittedly couldn't have come at a better time, I needed a distraction. This fall through deal with the Russians had been kicking my ass.

Ivan Vasiliev, the head of the Bratva, took offense to my rejection of his terms, so he's put a minor hit out on me, which in our business can make a lot of smaller men feel brave. If anything I'm insulted, I'm sure I'm worth more than $7B. Had he stopped there I would've happily only wiped out his men to teach him a lesson, but earlier when Ethan called, he told me that Ivan somehow found out about Alesha. They don't know everything, just enough to know she's a good target to shoot for.

I'm gonna have fun torturing him.

I'm taken out of my thoughts and sit up when I hear the bathroom door open. Stepping into the bedroom, my eyes scour her entire body in that dress.

Wow.

The green silk hugged her creamy deep brown skin as she made her way over to the floor length mirror checking each angle in her reflection.

The word beautiful doesn't do her justice.

"What do you think? Maybe I should've taken up your offer of a new dress instead of wearing one of my college projects

"What do you think? Maybe I should've taken up your offer of a new dress instead of wearing one of my college projects. It's nothing like the designer dresses the other women are gonna be wearing."

I got up making my way behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist. A sudden thirst washes over me as I'm mesmerized by her reflection.

"I don't care what they'll be wearing, I'm just worried other guys won't be able to stop staring at you. You look stunning baby. Plus, it's a one of a kind, like you."

"God, you're so cheesy." She blushed leaning her head back into my chest.

"I can't help it.. you're perfect."

***

Pulling up to the museum the dinner was being held at, I looked over to Alesha

Pulling up to the museum the dinner was being held at, I looked over to Alesha. She hadn't said much since we got in the car and that threw me because I usually can't shut her up. She looked like she was deep in thought about something important.