Chapter 17 - Poor Dick Dunkirk

Alesha's eyes were trained on Christian as he walked further into the restaurant staring right back at her. Her focus dropped to the floor as Richard rest his hand on her lower back, leaning to whisper in her ear.

"If you want to leave just give me a sign."

She nodded her head sending Richard an appreciative smile.

Christian's blood boiled at how close this guy was to her. Trying to control his anger made his chest feel heavier.

"Dude take it easy. Don't make a scene." Rafael warned as they finally reached the table.

"Hey turtle boy. I've missed you." Raf grinned at the nickname as Alesha pulled him in for a hug.

"Sup, cognata."
(Sister in law)

Christian smirked at Raf's reply. Alesha looked to Richard, who just shook his head as a sign to dismiss the comment. She turned back to the Marino brothers.

"Christian. It's good seeing you again."

His heart sulked a little at the stiffness of her greeting, but it started beating back to life when she laid her hands on his shoulders and leaned in for a kiss on his cheek. The smile stayed etched on his face as she pulled away.

He missed her. Her touches, her lips, her soothing voice that made the hair on the back of his neck stand up. He just missed her. All of her.

"You have no idea, il mio cuore."
(My heart)

Alesha took a deep breath at the term and started blushing at the memories of when he used it most: when he was inside her making her toes curl and eyes roll to the back of her head.

Christian's smile widened at the fact he could still get her flustered.

"You haven't been introduced but I'm sure you both know of Richard."

Christian narrowed his eyes at Alesha while Raf reached out and shook the home wrecker's hand.

"Nice to put a face to the name. I've heard a lot of stories."

"All good I hope. Dani seems really happy, I'm glad she has someone looking out for her."

"They both have people willing to do anything for them." Raf spoke locking sights with Alesha.

Christian's attention flickered to the man stood in front of them with hand outstretched. 'How many limbs could I butcher before the shock killed him?' he wondered. 'Judging from experience, he looks like the type to pussy out at an arm and a leg.'

"Richard Dunkirk, pleasure to meet you."

"Christian Marino DeLuca. Nice to meet you too Dick." He addressed him with a seriousness, not even attempting to mask his malevolence with a civil smile.

"I prefer just Richard."

"That's nice."