Chapter 28

"It's alright Chloe, they're just books," Lia said as she noted Chloe's extreme reaction to what she thought was Chloe dropping the books.

"It's not that!" Chloe said in a watery voice. "I didn't know." She shook her head as she turned to Silas. "I didn't know Silas, I'm so sorry!" she apologized again.

"It's alright Chloe, we're working through it, but I think that you and Faye should talk about it. It's not my story to tell, and I think that it would be best if it came from you." He was stoic Silas once again, calming the situation.

Chloe nodded and turned to look at Faye. "I need some time to figure out how to tell you, can you give me some time Faye?" she asked softly.

Faye looked at the devastation in her friend's eyes. Whatever she had to tell Faye wasn't going to be easy and she needed some time to prepare. "Yes, take as long as you need Chloe."

"I won't take that long, I promise. Now that I know about you and Silas, it's not fair to the two of you for me stand between you, and that is what happened isn't it?"

Faye looked at Chloe and felt her own eyes start to smart with tears as she nodded.

"I'm so sorry," she said again as she reached for Faye and hugged her tight.

"I'll take Andrea and Aaron back to the hotel for lunch, would you all care to join us?" Silas asked.

Faye peeked over Chloe's shoulder at Andrea and Aaron, who looked concerned and confused by what was going on, and she realized that whatever needed to happen didn't need to happen in front of them.

"Sure, can I catch up with you in about an hour? I need to get cleaned up." She smiled at Silas.

"Yes, I'll grab Ben and we'll join you too," Lia said, and Faye couldn't contain another smile. Lia was going to stick close until she discovered exactly what was going on with her and Silas.

"Chloe, do you need a ride?" Silas asked.

"No," Chloe said as she let go of Faye and wiped her eyes. "I'm right outside, I'll walk with you."

Silas looked over his shoulder, checking that Faye was alright before he closed the door behind him.

"Faye! You and Silas," Lia whispered as soon as the door closed behind him. "How, when?"

"Is it alright if we don't talk about it just yet, it's still too new and I'm not ready," Faye asked, she could understand exactly how Chloe felt in not wanting to readily share private information. The fact that people now knew about her and Silas made it all suddenly very real, and while that was exciting, it was also a bit overwhelming.

Lia continued to stare at Faye as if she had never seen her before.

"Should we head back to the apartment, I would like to change, and you need to ask Ben if he wants to go to lunch." Faye headed towards the kitchen to grab her keys and Lia followed mutely behind her.

"Are you alright with Ben and me going to lunch with you, Silas and his kids, wow that sounds so weird to say." Lia shook her head in wonder.

"It's fine," Faye assured her as she held open the backdoor. "I think I should drive, though," Faye suggested as she looked at Lia's dazed look.

"He was so intense, who knew he could be that intense. I never took Silas for the jealous type," she said almost to herself. "What else don't I know?" Lia asked, her eyes narrowing as she looked at Faye.

"Plenty," Faye said. She couldn't resist teasing her just a little bit.

"That's not fair, why haven't you shared?"