Chapter 34

Ivy's POV
Today was the game and I was a nervous wreck. I stayed in the washroom sitting on the toilet trying to breathe. If we don't win, we don't qualify, and if we don't qualify, who is everyone going to be blame it on? The girl who recently joined an all boys team of course! so I can not loose!!

"Ivy!!" Julia yells as she tries to come in the bathroom. I don't reply, the last thing I need is her at the moment, she just doesn't understand, as much as I love her. Being around her makes me feel shitty about myself sometimes, she's literally perfect.

I hear footsteps leave the bathroom and new footsteps coming in. "Ivy?" Nate says, "I know you're in here, and I'm not really supposed to be in here but I just want to make sure you are okay" he says. I open the door and see him smiling at me. I hug him, "you're going to do amazing don't worry" he says. "What if I don't?" I sigh. "Then the whole team is going to blame, not just the team, but the whole school, everyone, then you'll be embarrassed to be my sister, which you won't have to deal with because you are leaving anyways, then all my friends are going to leave me too, oh my god, I should just say I'm sick and let Grayson be QB" I sigh as I talk really fast. "Ivy!...Breathe, I couldn't be prouder to be your brother, plus no one is going to blame you trust me, you're underestimating yourself, you're the best quarterback in the entire city, and you being a girl shouldn't change that fact! Okay?" He says and smiles at me. I nod and smile.

"Now wipe those tears away, and I'll meet you outside and put in the beat game face ever and win this shit. But most importantly remember what dad always says, every game should be played the same, no matter if it's nationals or just another game,.." he says. Then we both say together, "you always have give it your best, and most importantly always have fun, so when you look back you have no regrets" we say and he smiles then leaves.

I begin wiping my tears away and then get out to the team.

"You okay?" Grayson asks, "awesome" I say faking energy. "Awesome, you're going to do good, don't worry" he chuckles, "So are you" I reply. "Now listen, the team is good I will give you that, but with your skills and love for each other, we can get through this and even if we lose, which shouldn't be in our vocabulary, we need to leave this place thinking we give it our best shot, and have fun" Coach says. "Say it with me, no regrets!" Coach yells, "no regrets" we all yell back and run to the field.

————
Well you can guess how that went, we won, honestly toughest game we faced but we won, and all that matters I I give it everything I had.
_________

Grayson's POV

"Good game!" Joe says and goes out of the locker room, I was probably the last one here, "you too" I reply late. I begin taking my sweat drenched gear off, and putting in my bag.

I hear the door open and decide to ignore it, probably just one of the guys. I could hear a faint sound of maybe crying or really loud breathing. whilst not looking and applying my deodorant on Joe is that you?" I ask. I look around the room and then see Ivy looking at he mirror, crying. "Hey what's wrong? We won" I ask trying to cheer her up. "Oh sorry I didn't know anyone was in here" she says as she tries packing up her stuff when she sees me shirtless.

"No it's okay, why are you crying?" I ask as I sit beside her. "Nothing I'm fine I'm good I promise" she says and wipes her tears. I give her the look. "Nate, he's leaving and I'm just going to miss him" she says as she sighs. "Aww, well he'll come back, and you can see him all the time, summer, you can even fly there, spend some time, maybe it's better, you can go to places that you never went before. Think of the positives, he won't annoy your ass" I joke, "Yeah well as much as I hate it when he does that, it means he cares so if he didn't annoy me I would be concerned" she chuckles. "See! Already, progress, if you continue crying about missing him, your going to be wasting time that you could have spent with him" I say. "True" she smiles.

She looks at me shirtless and with deodorant on my hands. I probably stink right now, awesome! "Do I smell bad or something?" I ask her confused, "not at all! why?" She asks, "cause you keep looking at me weird" I chuckle, "oh sorry, I was just.." She begins to say but then stops, "thank you for the advice that's why I was looking at you like that, I wanted to thank you for the advice" she lies, she made that up. "Liar but okay" I chuckle.

"No seriously thank you, your always here for me and I really appreciate it" she smiles, "well if you need anyone to talk to, someone to replace Nate's void , or to make you laugh uncontrollably, I'm your guy" I chuckle, she laughs at me. "I should probably go change" she says as she was in her football gear still. "Yeah, I should probably put a shirt on" I say. "Maybe some pants too" she suggests and laughs then leaves. Wait a second?

I look down as she says that, Fuck! I was in my boxers, great thinking fucker. ! You managed to embarrass yourself in front of her again! "Dumb ass" I slap my head as I begin walking back to my locker.

———————————————
Until next time, X