Four

~B.~
When we finally arrived Marcello attached himself to my hip. I threaded my fingers with his before putting my other hand on his bicep once again.

I've never really been in a relationship, so this was nice. Going out with a man, Marcello no less. Even if he wasn't interested at the end of the day.

"So how am I supposed to know this Stefan man anyway?"

"You met him a couple of times with your father when you were little. Your father got him out of a lot of bad situations, Stefan promised himself he'd watch over his children."

I hummed in acknowledgment even if I thought he did quite a bad job. He literally failed 50% of the job.

"I don't like the men my father spent his time with."

I kept my eyes straight but could see Marcello out of the corner of my eye. He glanced down in sympathy before squeezing my hand.

When we entered I couldn't help but admire the pillars and classy decorations. I was so busy taking in the building I didn't notice everyone staring at us.

"Bambina, come follow me." Marcello pressed a kiss to the back of my hand and at this point between the term of endearment and that I might faint.

"I understand we're supposed to be a couple but if you don't quit it I'm going to pass out." I playfully glared at him while we walked.

"What? You can't handle me?"

"Uh no, sir! I can to handle you. You're just being very affectionate and it caught me off guard," I huffed and bumped him with my hip.

"I'll have to call you that more often," I ignored him and his stupidity.

I was directed to a very Italian looking man, with salt and pepper hair. He had a nice mustache too.

"Belle!" My eyes widened when he said my name with such excitement. I was pulled into a hug by the man who must be Stefan.

Marcello pulled me away from him and back under his arm. Stefan looked at him in confusion.

"Milano I know you take your jobs seriously but you are relieved. The money is about to be sent now."

"I don't want your money, Belle will be staying with me from now on so you don't have to worry about her."

"Well, you work fast don't you," Stefan said almost passive aggressively.

"She'll be safe with me, do you have a problem?" Marcello's voice dropped an octave as an underlying threat. I pressed my hand against his lower stomach to see if I could reel him back.

His eyes snapped to mine and I smiled gently at him before turning to Stefan, "it was nice to meet you but I think we'll find a seat now."

I tugged on his arm and Marcello followed. I found a seat with Milano at the table and we sat down. I noticed Marcello being quiet.

"What're you thinking about?"

"You made me look weak in front of Stefan."

"In what way?" I shot back getting offended quickly.

"If I'm threatening a man for a good reason, you don't interrupt Belle. Do you understand?"

"That's the thing! There was no good reason, I'm done with this I'm going to get food." Just as I said that Marcello's phone rang and I left quickly before he could stop me.

I noticed a stage not far from our table or the food, the curtains moving a little.

Just as I had gotten pasta and a glass of champagne the curtains opened and I almost dropped everything when I saw the person up there.