Twenty

~M.~

I stood in the kitchen as I looked for something Belle could eat.

"Mon amour," Belle sang as she walked in. I winced and prayed she was in a good mood.

I turned to see her walking towards me with open arms. Her large belly was covered in her dress that reached her knees.

I gathered her in my arms and kissed her.

"He's kicking," she mumbled and grabbed my hand to press against her lower stomach.

Our child was indeed kicking and every time I felt it my heart jumped. I rubbed over the spot gently.

"And he also wants vegetable lo-mein," she blinked up at me while smiling charmingly.

"Take out it is," Belle clapped and walked towards our dining table.

I turned to grab my phone but the sound of glass shattering and a gunshot sent me into autopilot. I instinctually grabbed my gun turned but felt the life drain out of me as I watched Belle's head whip back. She collapsed to the floor.

I yelled for help and tried to catch my wife's falling body.
~
My eyes snapped open as I shot up. I tried to catch my breath as I wiped my face from any sweat. My mind spun at whatever I had just witnessed.

I blindly reached for Belle and when I found nothing panic set in once again.

I threw off the covers and got to my feet to search for her. Before I could entirely blow up she had stepped out of the bathroom. Her hair was wet as she was dressed in a tight t-shirt and her underwear.

Belle yelped as she bumped into me. I cradled her face as I trailed my eyes down her body. I searched for any sign on her body that something was wrong.

She looked at me in confusion and gripped my hands and searched my face for answers.

"You alright, babe?"

I grunted and nodded while pulling her into me. Her brows were furrowed in confusion but she wrapped her arms around me tightly.

It was her turn to grab my face and force me to look down at her, "you're worrying me Cello."

Before I could respond my phone blared in the room. I quickly picked it up.

Dean spoke quickly alerting me that we had information leading them to believe the Bianchi's would be meeting at a location close to us. If we got there in time we could end this all before it officially started.

"Alright, get our best men and prepare them. We'll have this finished by noon."

Belle was stepping into leggings as she stared me down.

"I still want an explanation on what got you so worked up," she placed her hands on her hips.

I was reluctant to explain the nightmare that was eating at me, "I have to go get everyone ready. You'll stay here and safe. I'll have men here to guard, will you watch Lilliana?"

Belle glared at me but I raised a brow, daring her to argue.

"You better explain later. And be safe you asshole."

I sent her a smirk before kissing her gently. I groaned as she reciprocated passionately.

I growled before taking charge of the kiss and tangling my tongue with hers. With my hand fisting her hair I pulled away before I lost myself.

My mind drifted to last night as I looked at her swollen lips. My body thrummed as I suddenly really wanted to fuck her.

I kissed her hard once more before going to quickly get dressed.  When I was ready to leave I turned back to her to see she was ready to greet Lily.

When we had got downstairs almost everyone was ready to leave. Lily slipped and jumped into Belles arms.

My dream popped up into my mind once again and I shook it away.

"Let's finish this," I ordered and sent Belle a look promising to be back before leading everyone out.

"Be safe!" She called after all of us.
~
We pulled up to a run down building. It was secluded and I narrowed my eyes as my gut told me something was off. It was a thirty minute ride from Belle.

"Mathew go set up your post on that building," I pointed to a building adjacent to the building we were targeting right now.

Another car pulled up behind us and they were filled with reinforcements. I motioned for them to follow me, pointing a group to travel around back. Leo got ready to open the door and I stood with my gun ready for anyone going to shoot at us the second we step in.

Once the door was open we filed in and I narrowed my eyes at the empty area.

I growled in frustration as my men came through the back way. Before I could give another order a shot rung out and George, one of my lackeys, fell with a bullet in his forehead.

It didn't take me long to find the shooter who was a single man hiding behind a beam.

I scoped out his position and saw he was doing a shit job at hiding. I shot him once in knee and again in the shoulder.

I stomped up and gripped this man by his throat and slammed him against the cement wall.

He chuckled as blood dribbled from his lips. With my fist wrapped around his neck I glared down at him.

"Dying at the hands of the infamous Milano doesn't sound so bad." He had an Irish accent and pale skin, it was littered with scars on his face.

"You're going to be added to a long fucking list. Don't feel too special." I turned to my men, "check the God damn perimeter. There's something we're missing."

"And what do you think that is, Mr. Milano?" I ignored his mocking tone and let his body drop and felt the satisfaction as he landed on his wounded knee.

His scream echoed off the dull walls as Mathew walked in. We all surrounded this man as he laughed to himself. Caesar sent a swift kick to his ribs, resulting in a loud groan.

The man sat up against the wall while clutching his injuries, and glanced at his wrist watch. A sadistic smile spread across his face.

"I think it's quite funny you all have wasted your time here. What's ol' Belle doin' right about now?"

I sucked in a breath, "it's a distraction."

"What-"

"It's a fucking distraction!" When the Irish man started cackling I quickly shot him in the head.

"Everyone get to the house. They wanted Belle," we sprinted to the cars.

I didn't wait for everyone to close the doors before flooring it while Leo got Corrine on the phone. 

"The Bianchi's have a signature of sending in single soldiers to take care of their shit. Their highly trained but our guys might be able to take care of it."

I didn't respond as I focused on finding the quickest way back to my woman.