Thirty Three

Belle

I huffed and hiked up the bustier of my dress. I stared at myself in my dressing room as I sat alone.

We'd managed to amp up the plans for the wedding to execute them a month after hearing our baby news.

I stood in the full length mirror and ran my hand over my stomach that had a slight pudge. Only noticeable to myself of course.

I blew my veil out of my face with an annoyed glance.

"Why is every god damn Italian Catholic? Never set foot in a freaking church in my life and now a 100 year old man is marrying me," even if my tone was aggravated I couldn't hide my wide smile.

I squealed happily and my bare feet bounced against the carpet. I turned and screamed when I saw Marcello standing there.

I fell into a chair behind me and glared at him.

"Bad luck!" I insisted and stood to push him out. He turned the tables and swiftly pressed my back against the door. His black dress shirt was half buttoned and a white bow tie, untied hung around his neck.

"Just checking up on my babies," he muttered against my cheek. "And the priest is only 98."

I scoffed and rested my hand on his hips. "Well you've seen me, while simultaneously bringing bad luck on our entire marriage."

"Good thing your my good luck charm," he pecked my lips gently and I cradled his cheek lovingly.

Before I abruptly shoved him away. "Now shoo!" Cello grumbled while rubbing my belly in departure.
••

I laughed obnoxiously as Cello pushed pushed a piece of cake into my face. I launched myself to kiss his cheek and smear it on him.

We were at a table on a pedestal like placement in front of our guests.

I took a cloth napkin and wiped at my mouth carefully before doing the same for Marcello.

"How're you feeling Bambina?"

"Very happy. A little bummed I can't get wasted though," I smirked as took a sip of my water.

"Well it'll be worth it Bella."

"Says the man drinking scotch."

He glanced at me before tilting his head thoughtfully.

"You're right, if you can't drink I won't drink."

My eyed widened, "that's not what I meant babe. Enjoy our night don't be silly."

"Nope. Not a drop of alcohol for the next nine months." I spluttered before he stood up and immediately silence fell.

He cleared his throat and glanced down at me as I furrowed my brow.

"I would like to make a toast, to the love of my life. Belle who has dealt with my bullshit," he was cut off by snickers in the crowd. "And will continue to put up with it. She doesn't have a choice."

I giggled into my cup quietly and looked up at him.

"She is the reason I'm happy with my life. And why I'm not living day by day, I actually have a future planned, something I look forward to. I truly do believe she is the only thing I'll ever need in my life."