Regret

The night was silent as the silhouette of the moon swayed across the room. The sheets around you stirred as you stretched heartily in content and rolled onto your side. The responsibility of saving Rin and Obito from that mission had plagued your mind for years, but now, you could finally rest.

Those days are long gone.

The soothing thought danced in your mind every night, serving as a gentle reminder of the overall wonderful impact you made on this world, and on Obito.

Then, one night, the realization finally hit you.

It was Madara and Zetsu who set up Obito's demise. It was because of them that Obito was kept hostage, and it was because of them that Rin was kidnapped and subsequently implanted with the power of the Three-Tails, which led to her death. Since that plan was foiled – what will they try next?

Your eyes snapped open and you practically leaped out of bed in terror.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Madara and Zetsu are still out there! I completely put a wrench in their plans, but that was only because I knew about it ahead of time. I changed everything because of that mission. Everything I watched from the show is now worthless! Everything!"

The tips of your fingers began rubbing at your temples as you paced around the room. "Everything from this point on is completely new. That means I can't rely on my 'future vision' anymore. Madara and Zetsu could easily come up with a new plan and target Obito. Heck, they could even target me! Only this time I have absolutely no way to prepare for it!"

Oh my god. What do I do? I can't. I need to tell someone. But who?

You then stopped in the middle of the room, your pointer finger tapping against your chin in thought.

Obito is my best friend, but there's no telling how this would affect him.

Rin is – something. An acquaintance, maybe? Even if she were more, what could she even do about any of this?

Kakashi? Out of the question.

Lord Third would immediately be skeptical of what I saw. I don't want to be a target for the ANBU, either.

Fresh out of ideas, you shook your head and sighed.

I need help...

~~~

With your legs dangling and swaying off a nearby branch, you watched Team Minato at the training grounds from afar.

Maybe Obito was right. Maybe I really am a stalker, you joked to yourself in an attempt to calm your nerves.

No. You weren't there exclusively for Obito. You were there with serious business. You watched each member spar for some time, paying especially close attention to Kakashi's Earth Style techniques. Despite the harsh words he said to you that one time, you couldn't deny that Kakashi was talented. If he hadn't revealed his 'true' feelings for you that instance at his home, maybe you would have asked him to join you in perfecting your Earth techniques together. You sighed. You knew that he would have declined anyway. His techniques were already perfect.

After they had completed their training, you watched Rin start to patch up a gash on Obito's cheek. Immediately your eyes narrowed in puzzlement, noting that something was off. You saw that Obito no longer blushed when he was around her.

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time he showed any signs of romantic feelings for Rin. Wait, I don't have time for this right now. I need to talk to Minato-sensei!