The Uchiha Clan

A/N: As of 4/28/2022, I made some major changes to the overall chapter. The plot is exactly the same, but I rewrote it in a way that hopefully will make the journey more interesting (i.e. I made us/(y/n) a bit stronger and more capable). If you are rereading and notice that things seem different than the last time you read this chapter, you aren't going crazy! I hope you like the new additions ^^

Also, this chapter's picture was drawn by lewisrockets on Tumblr! ^^

~~~

The sun was beginning to peek over the stalls and houses, its glistening rays lighting up the long winding path through the village. The air was filled with the sound of chatter, with the murmur of dozens of people. There was enough delay in conferring with Minato about potential plans for the Uchiha Clan, the unexpected Cloud mission preventing you from meeting a second time. You also noted to ask Minato why he chose you for that mission despite the terrible elemental matchup – he must have had something in mind, you hoped. It was painful to imagine that Minato would assign you a dangerous mission with malicious intent. 

No way. Not him.

You also wanted to inquire about the shinobi who delivered the message to you. It felt suspicious that a member of the prestigious Uchiha Clan would be tasked with something as basic as messenger duty.

Come to think of it, the village has always used birds as messengers, not people.

He had also informed you that Obito's team was to be present on the mission to the Land of Lightning, which stopped you from questioning that man's authority in favor of catching up to your best friend instead. You wondered only afterwards, why that man even bothered telling you that Obito was going – it now felt as though he were trying to coerce you into going, which wouldn't have been necessary if it was a true order from Minato.

I need to inform Minato about this right away!

During your walk, you became aware of Obito's scent, how it shrouded you in a thick coat and clung stubbornly to your skin from nestling close to him last night. If an expert sensory type ninja passed by, they could effortlessly detect substantial traces of Obito's chakra along your body, especially around your face. You blushed, hoping that Minato won't notice the distinct, masculine smell and chakra signature of an Uchiha as it shamelessly mounted and conquered your features.

As you bested through the busy crowd, your hand shielded the sore injury on your chest in case a distracted villager stumbled into you hard enough to open your wound. Obito would have accompanied you to make sure you made it to the office safely, but you had kept him up most of the night. You felt terrible for being the source of his lack of rest, so you opted to let him sleep in and make the trip yourself. You couldn't wait any longer to see Minato anyway.

A moment later, a villager did bump into you, and you caught sight of the Uchiha crest on their clothing just before they pushed you seemingly by accident. The bump was unexpectedly forceful, however; it caught you off guard, causing you to stumble into a nearby alleyway. Rough hands grasped you before you could steady yourself and you instantly met with threatening, dark, red eyes as they made invasive contact with yours. 

The... Sharingan?

The surroundings around those vicious eyes suddenly began to sway and blend and your body soon fell deep into paralysis.

Genjutsu...? No... Oh no...! R-relea...se... h-help...

You kept your consciousness as the mysterious figure followed you through the cloud of civilians surrounding you. To your horror, you found that you had no control over your actions as you blankly stared ahead, your legs unwillingly continued to walk forward to wherever your kidnapper pleased. You tried so hard to cry for help, only to find that you were unable to lift even your tongue.