(4)

"Afternoon, milady," Hiccup says as he walks into your small house. You're in front of your small cooking area, making tea over the hot coals in your fireplace. He wraps his arms around your waist from behind, kissing your cheek.

"Hey," you giggle. "Where have you been?"

"Same old chief duties," he sighs, backing away. He keeps one hand on your waist. "But I have the rest of today off."

"And...?" You ask, turning around to face him.

"We still have an anniversary to celebrate," he says. You smile. You and Hiccup had been together for a month now, but still hadn't kissed. You hadn't kissed anybody, honestly. And even though you loved Hiccup, you didn't want an anniversary celebration. He promised something small, even though you told him 'you wanted nothing at all for our anniversary'.

"So," you say. "Have anything planned?"

"I do, actually," he says smugly.

"Really?" You ask in disbelief. "But you've been so busy."

"You underestimate my power," he says, shaking his head. You laugh and push his shoulder. "Come on." He takes your hand and leads you outside.

"Where's Toothless?" You ask.

"You'll see," he says.

"You know I really hate surprises," you mutter to him.

"I know," he smirks. You sigh. He laughs and squeezes your hand.

He leads you through the trees and then jumps behind you and covers your eyes.

"Hiccup!" You exclaim.

"Just keep walking," he says. "Trust me." You keep walking forward until Hiccup says, "Okay. Stop." You stop and bite your lip, butterflies filling your stomach. "Ready?" He asks. You nod. He uncovers your eyes and you blink quickly, smiling at the sight in front of you.

Close to the edge of a cliff, lays a large blanket and a basket. Toothless smiles at you from the edge of the cliff, overlooking the ocean. You turn to Hiccup. "Thank you," you say, hugging him.

"You like it?" He asks.

"Of course," you say.

"Well, come on," he says. He takes your hands and leads you to the ground. He takes out bread and cheese and apples. You eat your fill and then lean against him.

"Thank you," you say again.

"Anytime, milady," he says. You both lay on the blanket and watch the stars come out in the sky.

"It's gorgeous," you say. "This has been absolutely perfect. Who knew you could be so romantic?"

Hiccup laughs and turns his head towards you. You look at him and he touches your cheek. He slowly leans in, pressing his lips to yours. You smile and kiss back, placing your hand on his chest. You break away and touch your forehead to his. He takes your hand. "I love you," you say.

"I love you too. Happy anniversary," he says.