(8) Part One

Suggested by clarinetgirl123. I decided to divide this into two parts because I could only get half done earlier today. I'll post part two later today, promise. ^-^ Enjoy!

"Come on, Hiccup!" You say, running down the steep hill. A nice calm lake lays a few feet away. "What, can't keep up with only one leg?"

Hiccup, your boyfriend and best friend, laughs. "Oh, I'll get you back!" He says.

"Oh, really?" You shout over your shoulder.

"Really!" He says, his arms suddenly wrapping around you from behind.

"Hiccup!" You scream, struggling to free yourself from his grasp. He stumbles to the side, closer to the lake. You gasp when you realize what he's going to do. "Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third, don't you dare!" You say.

Hiccup laughs. "Told you I'd get you back," he says before pushing you in the lake.

You fall beneath the surface of the cloudy water and smirk. Well if he wants to scare you, you can too. You swim deeper to the bottom and wait for a panicked Hiccup to jump in.

It doesn't take long at all for him to dive in the water to come rescue you. You push yourself in the darkness and struggle to hold your breath until he swims back to the surface for one more breath of air. As soon as he does, you push yourself from the bottom and jump on his shoulders, screaming, "Got you!"

Hiccup grabs your arms and spins you around to face him. He brushes the wet hair from your face. "Don't scare me like that, ___," he says. "I thought I lost you."

"Aw, Hiccup don't be such a baby," you say. He rolls his eyes. "What, are you mad at me now?"

"Well you scared me!" He says, splashing you.

"You scared me!" You say, splashing him.

He laughs and dives under. You wipe the water from your eyes and look around. "Hiccup?" You call out.

Suddenly a hand wraps around your leg and you're dragged under. You squeal, choking on water and kick yourself from his grasp. When he releases you continue to swim backwards. You had no idea how fast you were swimming until your head hit the cliff-like side of the lake hard.

You sink to the bottom unconscious.

Up on the surface, Hiccup laughs and pushes his soaked hair back out of his eyes. "Okay, okay I know you're probably mad-" he pauses, noticing you're not near him. "___?" He asks, looking around. "___?" He looks down and sees a silhouette of your body below. "___!" He dives in the water and swims to you. Grabbing you by your waist, he jerks you to the surface and throws you on the dirt, brushing the hair back from your face. "___!" He screams. "___, this isn't funny!"

He checks your pulse. Still there. Your lungs rise shakily and slowly. He presses his hands on your chest, trying to get some of the water out of your throat.

"Toothless!" He screams, looking up towards the sky. It takes only a minute for the dragon to find his best friend, and he quickly lands beside the both of you.

He nudges you carefully, looking at Hiccup with a look that asks, "Is she okay?"

Hiccup stands and climbs on Toothless, you sprawled across his lap. "Come on, bud! We've got to get back before-" He cuts himself off, unable to finish. Before what? A voice screams in his head. What's going to happen to her? Because of what you did? "I won't lose you," he whispers to your unconscious body. "I won't."