(14)

Requested by toothless4ever. Based on the song 'The Last Night' by Skillet. This is my first attempt at a song based one-shot and honestly it isn't the best. Sorry. I tried. I hope you all enjoy anyways. ^-^

You run out of your house, desperate to get away from your parents. Another lecture gone wrong. They didn't understand. They didn't understand the depression. They didn't understand the struggle. Where are you going to go? There's no where...

Except Hiccup's house. He understands. Hiccup, your best friend. You run up the path and to his porch. You knock on the door quickly and quietly. You hear footsteps inside and the door swings open. Hiccup stands there, looking surprised. "___?" He whispers. "What are you doing? It's late."

"I-I know but my parents, we-" You stop, unable to finish. Hiccup nods and steps aside so you can walk in. This has happened before. You mess up once and it's the end of the world for your parents. You can hear Stoick's loud snores from his room.

"Upstairs," Hiccup whispers. You walk up the steep stairs, Hiccup following. You sit on the end of his bed, and he sits beside you. "What happened?" He asks, brushing the hair off of your shoulder.

"This will be the last night I'll bother you," You say. "I-I just... I can't keep going like this. I'm going to leave."

"No-"

"I have to. I can't keep this up. I can't keep being alone!" You cry. A tear escapes and slides down your cheek. "Great. I didn't want to cry, seriously." You wipe a tear away. Hiccup takes your hands and strokes your wrists. "I'm fine," you whisper.

"Stop. It's obvious you're not. I'm here," he says. "You won't ever be alone. I'll be here. I understand." You look down, blinking tears away. "Look at me," he says. You look up. "You'll be okay."

"That's what everyone says-"

"You'll be okay because I'll be here. This is the last night you'll spend alone. I'll be here from now until the end of our time. Okay?"

"Okay," you whisper.

Hiccup pulls you in his arms and lays you on the pillows. He holds you that night, making sure you're okay.