(9)

Short & unedited. Sorry, it's all I can come up with. I'm kinda depressed.
Enjoy. ^-^

"Hey, ___!" Hiccup calls from across the Great Hall.

"Hey Hiccup!" You wave at your friend and turn back to your breakfast. Hiccup climbs on the bench beside you. "What's up?" You ask.

He shrugs. "I-I was wondering if you wanted to explore with me today," he says, scratching the back of his head.

"Sure," you say. Hiccup lets out a sigh of relief and pushes his hair back. "When are we leaving?" You ask.

"Uh, right now, if you want."

"Totally," you say. You stand and follow Hiccup out of the Great Hall. He jumps up on Toothless and reaches a hand out to you.

You take it and let him pull you up. Toothless takes off quickly, and you squeal in fear, wrapping your arms around Hiccup's waist. He smiles as you bury your face between his shoulder and neck. "Are you okay?" He asks, clearly amused.

"Fine," you mutter as you loosen your grip on Hiccup's waist and raise your head. "Toothless has never done that before."

"He's feeling adventurous today," Hiccup laughs. "Isn't that right, bud?" He asks, leaning forward to pat the dragon's head.

"I hope he's not too adventurous," you mutter.

"Don't worry, we won't go to Changewing Island or Outcast Island today."

"Good," you sigh. "It's good to know that I won't die today."

"You know I wouldn't let you die," He says. You wait, seeing if he'll turn it into a joke or something, but he doesn't. This isn't like him. Hiccup has always liked you, and you've always liked him, but nothing between you guys has been romantic before. Is he serious?

"Oh," Is all you respond with.

"So, where do you want to go?" Hiccup asks.

"Anywhere you want," he says. Another surprise. Hiccup never let's anyone choose where to explore.

"Really?" You ask. Hiccup nods. "Cool!"

~

After a full day of exploring caves, observing dragons, and drawing the scenery in Hiccup's sketchbook.

At the end of the day, as the sun sets over the dark sea, Hiccup watches you draw. You shade in the shadows on the dragon's wings, the waves on the water. Your hair blows across your face and Hiccup gently sets it back in place, laughing quietly.

"You are so amazing," he murmurs, staring at you.

"Oh, the drawing? It's nothing, really." You blush and smile up at him.

"N-not the drawing," he says. "You."

Your eyes widen. "Oh," You smile. "M-me?" Hiccup nods. "No, I'm not really."

"Yes, you are," he says, touching your cheek. He leans in, softly touching his lips to yours. You lift your arms up and wrap them around his neck, twisting your fingers in his hair. His hands press against your back and keep you close against him. He pulls back, breathless. "Amazing," he whispers.