90 days to live - Chapter 20

Please comment and vote:)

"John." Iron roars.

He pulls the morphine cannula out of his elbow, and throws the covers off himself.

"Iron no!" I exclaim as he lunges towards the lifeless Ally. He forms a fist with his hands and pounds it against her chest before breathing air into her lungs. He carries on repeating the process until he finally comes up, inhaling heavily.

"Goddammit where is John?" He rasps.

My eyes fall to John's desk. If Ally is to survive, she needs the Vial and I have no doubt his personal supply will be in the desk. I push Jared away from me and run over to the desk. Crouching on my knees, I curse as I see that the drawers are all locked and I have no key.

"Kyle find a medic." Iron orders. I lift my head to see Kyle, shaking his head. "Kyle I said now."

Kyle rolls his eyes and marches out of the room.

Withdrawing my dagger from the back pocket of my I ram it into the slit at the top of the drawer. Trying again, I manage to lodge in the thin blade. I groan with the exertion as I force all of my weight onto the dagger, levering the drawer open. I can feel the blade beginning to splinter off under my weight which only causes me to push down with even more determination.

The blade shatters underneath me and I swiftly drop the handle. The leeway I have managed to achieve, is just enough so that I can slip my fingers in and pull. Jared kneels beside me, adding the force required to pull the drawer off its hinges.

I can't seem to focus on any of the objects within the drawer, I'm too panicked.

"Calm down." Jared says softly, his fingers finding the small bottle of Vial that my eyes have missed.

Shakily, I grab the Vial off him bringing it over to Ally's beside.

"Come on." Iron growls, holding her mouth and inflate her lungs again. Its not working though. The resuscitation does not work on the dead. Only the Vial can but even its effects are subjective to time. It is useless two minutes after death.

"Iron, the Vial." I exclaim.

Iron growls protectively, using his body to shield Ally. He doesn't even look up.

"Listen to me Iron, if you do not let me use the Vial then her heart will not be able to restart. You will lose her unless you move." I say firmly.

He ignores me, continuing to desperately pound at his bond mate's unmoving chest. He's in full protection mode, no doubt he won't even recognise that I'm trying to help. I'm not prepared to lose my bestfriend though.

"Jared." I nod at Iron. Jared nods.

Sneaking up behind him, Jared grabs his waist, hauling him off of the bed and off of Ally. He begins to thrash immediately, the expression on his face is a mix of fury and hysteria.