Backlash

He was gone.

The smiling, lying boy was no more. He was crushed by his own plan. His own sick plan that lead to his own demise.

And poor shuichi solved the entire case.

He had constantly replayed the video in his head. The moment when the press came down full force. The moment that all could be seen from the small boy was every last drop of his blood. All of it. Every last bit was splashed and scattered about. All he could hear was the crash of the macine as it came down. And that was the end of it.

Kokichi was dead. He was dead and there was nothing to be done.

It took a while after the trial for the situation to dawn on the detective. But once it set in, the reality crushed him. He was broken. He had nothing else.

The smaller boy's constant teasing and adorable mannorisms were the only thing Shuichi had left.

And now he had nothing. The little liars sweet but devilish voice was silenced. Never to be heard again.

This was the result of the liar's decison.

Shuichi tried to act like he was okay, like he didn't care about the boy. But he was always going to feel the backlash.

He was always going to hurt.

"Now you'll never ever forget me for the rest of your life!"

The boy's words rang through Shuichi's head and didn't stop.

The boy's intoxicating voice could not be snuffed. Even if he was gone, he had indeed left a mark on the detective.

"Now you'll never ever forget me for the rest of your life!"

"I stole your heart, so now im satisfied."

Shuichi's heart broke when his mind replayed those words..

The boy had indeed stole the detective's heart. But...

He haden't lived long enought to know that.