Confession

Shuichi helped Kokichi off the ground, the smaller boy giving him a smile in return.

As much as he wanted to, Shuichi knew he couldn't just keep holding onto Kokichi's hand. He didn't want to give the boy the wrong-

Wait, did he know why he was here?

"Uh..Kokichi.." Shuichi asked nervously.

Kokichi tilted his head, "What is it, Shuichi?" He asked.

"Umm...do you know why you were brought back?" Shuichi asked, sort of hoping he didn't, he didn't want to be straight up rejected on Kokichi's first day back.

Kokichi shook his head, "Nope! Not a clue Nishishi~ All I was told was that one of my peers chose to bring me back. I was surprised it was you. Though, after Maki and Himiko picked up Kaito and Tenko, I kind of insisted it was either you or Kii-boy." Kokichi explained.

Shuichi breathed a sigh or releif, then was confused, "Monokuma." He turned to said bear, "Why did everyone else come so early? I came here as soon as I got the announcement."

"Puhuhu~" The bear responded, "The message was deliverd to you all at different times, silly! I wanted to give privacy to each pairing, just in case their greetings got...over affectionate."

Shuichi blushed heavily, realizing what the bear ment.

Kokichi tilted his head, "Pairing?"

"Oh yeah." Said Monokuma, "Didn't Mr. Saihara tell you? You, Kaito and Tenko were brought back because of the lack of love interests."

"Love interests?"

"Yep! Shuichi here chose you because he never got to tell you how he felt before you...ahem...bit the dust." Monokuma explained as if Shuichi had given him clearance to tell the smaller boy.

Shuichi blushed harder and looked down, "Damnit, bear." He whispered to himself.

"S-shu...Shuichi..?" Kokichi looked over at the taller boy.

Shuichi hesitantly forced himself to meet the smaller boy's gaze.

"I-Is that true...do you like me?"

Shuichi didn't want to say anything, he just wanted to hide from his feelings, from all of his damned feelings.

But he couldn't hide now.

"Yes."