apology

Shuichi opened his eyes to the sound of a familiar voice. His eyes blinked open and he looked up once they adjusted to the light, seeing Kokichi, clear as day, above him.

  He let out a surprised squeak and jumped a little. Kokichi giggled, "Mooorning sleepyhead~ You're finally up, Shuichi."

  Shuichi's heart stung at the familiar words. That was the same thing Kokichi said the day Shuichi realized he liked him.

Kokichi's face turned more serious, "Hey, Shuichi..."

"Huh?" Shuichi asked, slightly taken aback by the boy's words that echoed sincerity, rare, if ever.

Kokichi looked the taller boy in the eyes, "Im not good at this, so hear me out...Im...sorry."

Shuichi's eyes widened. Did Kokichi...apologize? Woah, was Shuichi like..hallucinating or something?

"S-Sorry for what?" Shuichi asked.

"For letting you down yesterday...I wasn't being...honest."

  Shuichi, not sure what the smaller boy ment by that,  deadpanned, "Since when have you ever been honest?" Comming from anyone else, that would have been a joke. But comming from Shuichi, anyone could tell it wasnt.

"Damn it, Shuichi, youre making this too hard!" Kokichi whined.

  Shuichi tilted his head, "Okay. So what were you not bei-" Shuichi stopped when he realized what Kokichi was reffering to. The confession. Kokichi blowing him off. Wait, he wasnt being honest? Does that mean. .?

"I lied Shuichi. I do accept your feelings." Kokichi said truthfully.

  Shuichi froze, processing the smaller boy's words.

Holy Atua.

"You...you do?" Shuichi asked, dumbfounded.

  Kokichi nodded.

Tears of joy filled the taller boy's eyes, "Oh my god..."

  Kokichi looked at him, giving a crooked smile. Shuichi returned the gaze, smiling dorkishly.

  Shuichi fought the urge to leap up and hug the boy.

  By the look on his face, Kokichi could tell what Shuichi wanted. He outstreached his arms and welcomed a hug.

Shuichi laughed and lept up, hugging the smaller boy. Kokichi wrapped his arms around Shuichi in return, burrying his face in the taller boy's shoulder.

"I missed you." They said in unison.