Quartet - TRIST TALKS

"Ahoy!" Neptune's webbed hand raised itself from out of the water, waving happily towards Skye. Trist wasn't on his back, but rather there was a large plastic-like sack. Skye was just about to ask where Trist was, when she saw a little head pop out from next to the merman. The two white peaks poked out from his head, and even shook some water off them. Skye's wings flapped as she flew towards the two men. Neptune had a massive plastic bag on his back that had little lumps poking out from the tight material. It was because of this massive cargo that Trist had to swim beside him, but he had no problem. Trist was a surprisingly good swimmer. Skye took Trist by the shoulders and flew them back to land, while Neptune swam towards the edge. Trist's body was much heavier because of the water he accumulated in his oversized sweater. Neptune, with a curiosity towards the kinds of food the humans ate, propped the sack onto the land and opened it. When he did, Skye's eyes widened.

Since a large portion of the lands were abandoned now, there was a lot of stores that were empty with no inhabitants. There were a few large, high quality supermarkets that had a few survivors, though Trist stayed clear of them. He found a large, (thankfully sterile) rubbish bag, and went around getting as much stuff as possible. When Skye looked in, she grinned. Inside, there were slightly smaller, grocery store types of plastic bags, as well as a few backpacks, that were filled with food.

Canned Tuna. Apples. Bags of Chips. Cheese. Blueberries. Instant noodles. Roasted Seaweed. Starfruit. Gum. Eggos. Mangoes. Pocky. Bread. Sushi. Even a few Avocados.

Along with the food, Trist also had the insight to bring eating utensils, plates, a couple pots - even dishwashing liquid, though they had no way of boiling water. Trist reached deep into the bag and pulled out a towel before he disappeared behind a corner away from their vision, supposedly to dry himself off. Neptune eyed the contents curiously. He had never seen any of these things before, and he was curious as to what normal humans ate. The pirates he had befriended all ate extremely simple meals, like porridge and bread, so something like this was completely new to him.

"Trist, these are wonderful!" Skye chirped as she emptied the contents, laying them out in front of herself. She noticed Neptune's curious gaze, and prompted him to try a couple. She opened a little case of sushi Trist had found somewhere, and he eyed it suspiciously. He hadn't seen the meat before in his life, which was a pale brownish colour. Skye called it something like Teriyaki Chicken, which was a phrase extremely alien to him. Shrugging, he took one and ate it in one bite.

Almost immediately, his eyes popped out of his head as his limbs became stiff. Even his jaw wasn't moving. He chewed again for a few more cycles. Then, like a magical spell had enchanted him, his arms flailed around as he took the sushi by the bulk, stuffing it in his mouth like he was scared it'd run out. The look in his wide eyes was a wild awe. Skye laughed at him as she made herself a sandwich. The moment he finished, he reached for another case. When he recognised the taste of the meat - salmon - the glimmer in his eyes shone like a star. When Trist came back, he reached deeper into the bag and pulled out a few more things. One of them was a lunchbox that had a few pieces of medium-rare beef topped on rice along with a few pieces of potatoes. Another was filled with Macaroni and cheese. Another had waffles, of which he pulled out a little vial of thick syrupy liquid alongside it, and finally one with three whole sandwiches. Neptune recalled watching Trist disappear into a house that he assumed belonged to that of the boy, and left a surprisingly long time later. Did he spend that time making the things in those lunch boxes? He set the four boxes down all in a row, took a hot water bottle out of the bag, and filled a bowl of instant noodles up with steaming hot water. Trist watched the void intently, and patiently waited for the return of Tetra and the others. On closer inspection, Skye saw that there were labels on each of the lunchboxes with the Quartet's names.