Chapter #1

"Your wife's ovulation is not strong enough to carry a child."

Doctor Song said as both Seolhyun and Jungkook exchanged looks.

"Is there a problem with my ovulation, Dr. Song?"

Seolhyun asked as Dr. Song exhales in frustration.

"Have you been pregnant before, Seolhyun?"

Seolhyun nodded her head silently.

"And I guess you had a miscarriage?"

Seolhyun once again nodded as Jungkook held onto her hands.

"Infertility is the problem here. It may include inadequate levels of certain hormones in both men and women, but after checking thoroughly with Jungkook, his body is perfectly healthy. It's your body that is having the problem, Seolhyun."

"Well, what can my wife do to get her body healthy?"

Jungkook asked Dr. Song averts his eyes and onto his paper documents.

"There's no medications or additional help, but you can keep trying and hope that the next pregnancy will be fine."

Dr. Song said as Seolhyun and Jungkook sighs in frustration.

It was 8 at night, as the Jeon family was having dinner. Mrs. Jeon was eating as she eyed both Jungkook and Seolhyun before putting her spoon and fork down on the table. Jungkook and Seolhyun both looked up at her as Somi did the same.

"So? What did the doctor said?"

Jungkook cleared his throat as Seolhyun looks away.

"The doctor said that Seolhyun has a problem called infertility. Seolhyun's ovulary is not strong enough to carry a child, but Dr. Song also said to keep trying for a miracle."

Mrs. Jeon scoffed and looked down at her plate.

"How long have you guys been trying? For almost 3 years. I let you two get married because Seolhyun was pregnant in the first place."

Jungkook kept quiet as Seolhyun looks at Mrs. Jeon.

"Being pregnant is not easy, Mrs. Jeon. It's harder than it looks."

Seolhyun said as Somi looks at Seolhyun with a dead glare.

"You don't have the right to speak to my mother like that."

"And why not?! She's basically disrespecting me. Not all women can get pregnant easily."

Seolhyun fought back as Jungkook held onto her hand to try and calm her down. As Somi was about to say something, Seolhyun stood up and walked away as Jungkook lets out a sigh.

"You two didn't have to attack her like that. You both know she's trying."

Jungkook also stood up and walked away as Somi and Mrs. Jeon both exchange looks.

"Seolhyun. Don't mind my mother and sister."

Jungkook said as Seolhyun stood up from the bed and looked at him.

"You always say that. How long do I need to keep enduring this?"

Seolhyun asked as Jungkook tried to take her hands, but she walked away from him and towards the balcony. He then walked after her.

"Seolhyun. Don't be like this."

Jungkook said as Seolhyun angrily turns around to him. They continue to talk back and forth until the conversation turned heated. Jungkook couldn't handle the situation any longer as he took his coat and walked out of their room leaving Seolhyun alone on the balcony.