Chapter #15

*An emotional long ride for y'all. While reading this, I think it'll hit you guys even more if you guys listen to [any] sad song in your playlist.*

As Jungkook continues to lock himself in his bedroom, both Mrs. Jeon and Somi were preparing dinner for him. When they were done placing the food on the tray, they quietly walked upstairs and gently knocks on his door. Jungkook didn't respond so Mrs. Jeon nodded her head as Somi slowly turned the door knob and opened it.

"Jungkook-ah, you have to eat something."

Somi said as they walked to him while his back was facing them. Mrs. Jeon placed the food tray on the table nightstand as Somi sat down on the edge of the bed.

"You need to stop blaming yourself for what happened."

Somi said as Jungkook lets out a sigh. He then sat up and leaned against the headboard.

"I was the one who said that to her and was the reason why she moved away."

Jungkook said as Mrs. Jeon walked to him and sat down next to him. Mrs. Jeon then held onto his hand caressing it.

"But from what you told us, you weren't the one who came up with the idea. You know it deep down that Haneul doesn't have bad intentions. You know it deep down that Haneul is a good person with good intentions."

Before Mrs. Jeon could continue, Jungkook interrupted her.

"But I still did what I did even though I know it was wrong."

Mrs. Jeon didn't know what to say but to let out a frustrated sigh and continue to caress his hand in comfort.

"From what I see, Seolhyun was the reason to all of this."

Jungkook and Mrs. Jeon both looked at Somi.

"Ever since you brought Haneul into your life, Seolhyun has never stopped trying to make Haneul leave. Mother and I saw her true color after all these 6 months and I know that you do too."

Jungkook looked down as he placed his hand over his mother's that was still currently caressing his.

"I know that you love her ... but you really have to let her go."

Once Somi said that, Jungkook couldn't do anything but listen in silence.

"She kept on saying that she loves you but her actions says otherwise. If she really does love you, she wouldn't have to try to hurt Haneul especially when she's carrying your child."

Somi was about to continue but Mrs. Jeon gave her a signal to stop. Mrs. Jeon knew that what Somi's doing was trying to help him, but Mrs. Jeon also knew that what Somi said can also hurt him. Mrs. Jeon sighs and looks at him.

"As a mother, I have failed you."

Jungkook gently lifts his head and looks up at her with teary eyes.

"I should've supported your marriage with Seolhyun in the first place. If I just supported your marriage and not make a huge scene about her not being able to get pregnant then all of this wouldn't have happened. If I just do my duty as a mother, you wouldn't have to be in this situation."

Mrs. Jeon said with tears streaming down her cheeks as the same goes to Jungkook. Somi looked down and listen in silence.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I'm sorry at failing to be a good mother."

Jungkook shook his head as he leans to his mother while tightly holding onto her hands.

"You didn't fail to be a mother. You did your best and I'm happy for that. You were just trying to find me a good wife and a good marriage with a warm family that could complete my life."