Chapter #32

Haneul grabbed onto her bag and was about to walk out of the house but stopped when she heard Jungkook called her. She turned around, while Jungkook gave her a frown.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook softly asked as she gave him a small smile.

"Jimin called and asked me to help him redecorate his apartment." Haneul said. Jungkook walked up to her and held onto her hand.

"Then why didn't he just call Somi?" Jungkook asked with a playful tone. Haneul softly chuckle and lightly slap his chest.

"Stop being so jealous. I won't be long." Haneul said while pulling her hand away.

She then walked out of the house as Jungkook watched her get in her car and drove off.

Jungkook was playing with his son as Jeongsan continue to smile and giggle. Jungkook continue to play with Jeongsan when one of the maids came walking to him with the house phone.

"Jungkook, someone called you and said that he tried to call your phone but you won't answer." The maid said as Jungkook nodded and took the home phone.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" Jimin asked as Jungkook sighs.

"My phone is in my bedroom. I don't carry it around me when I'm having a moment with my son; I don't want distractions." Jungkook said.

"Well, it's okay Jungkook. No need to apologize." Jimin sarcastically said as Jungkook playfully rolled his eyes.

"Why are you calling me, hyung? Shouldn't you be redecorating your apartment with Haneul?" Jungkook asked as Jimin frowned.

"I'm not redecorating my apartment." Jimin stated and now Jungkook is the one that is very confused.

"What are you talking about? Haneul told me that you called her and asked her to help you redecorate your apartment." Jungkook said but with a worried tone this time.

"I never called her or asked her for help. If I was really redecorating my apartment, I would've called Somi instead to spend more time with her." Jimin said as Jungkook got up and signalled the maid to stay with Jeongsan, while he walked out of the living room.

"Then where did she go this morning?" Jungkook asked while Jimin was also having a bad feeling.

Haneul got out of her car and walked into the place. She then walked up to the front lady desk.

"How can I help you?" The lady asked.

"I came here to see someone." Haneul said as the lady was about to call the worker to go fetch the specific person.

"Can I have their name?" The lady asked.

"Seolhyun. Kim Seolhyun." Haneul said as the lady looks up at her.

"Are you sure? Right now this person is having health issues and if you want to see this person, we will have to put in more security, for your safety." The lady said as Haneul nodded her head in agreement. The lady then called one of the security to get Seolhyun after leading Haneul to the room.

Haneul was patiently waiting in the room when suddenly the door opened revealing Seolhyun in her prison outfit with her hands being cuffed. Once Haneul saw how broken Seolhyun looked and the state she is in, she felt guilty. The security sat Seolhyun down in front of Haneul as they both made eye contact.

Haneul gave the security a nod signalling him to leave them be. Once they were both alone, they both felt awkward yet strong tension around them.

"Let me guess. You're here to spill it to my face at how happy you and Jungkook are with your child. At how happier Jungkook is without me in his life." Seolhyun said with a broken tone.

"No. I'm here to apologize to you." Haneul said as Seolhyun shockingly looked up at her.

"What are you apologizing for? You didn't do anything wrong to me." Seolhyun said as Haneul shook her head.

"That's where you're wrong. I was the reason why Jungkook changed and the reason why your marriage is broken. If I wouldn't have been pregnant, Jungkook wouldn't take me in and wouldn't leave you behind. I want to apologize to you for walking into your marriage life and to apologize for acting as if I was on the right and wasn't thinking about you would feel." Haneul said as tears start trekking down Seolhyun's cheeks. Haneul looked down at her hands in shame as Seolhyun continue to cry in agony.

After minutes of silence with Seolhyun facing her agony, she wiped her tears away and lightly chuckled.

"You know ... I was so angry at you and Jungkook and was denying the whole truth. Everyone kept on saying that my love for Jungkook was not real and was just an obsession but it wasn't. I really do love him because he was my first in everything." Seolhyun said as she looked away while Haneul continued to look down at her hands.

"But if I really do love him, I would've accepted his child in the first place even though it would be hard to. You being pregnant may be an accident, but it's a gift. Jungkook has always wanted a child to build a family and you were the one to give him that and I should've supported it." Seolhyun said with tears streaming down her cheeks as she sadly smile. Haneul then slowly looked up at her.

"Jimin was right. You weren't the one that destroyed my marriage life, it was me. My insanity was the reason why Jungkook left me and that was the truth that I have been ignoring for a very long time." Seolhyun said. Tears start to form in Haneul's eyes threatening to fall anytime soon.

"So you don't have to apologize to me because it wasn't your fault nor Jungkook's. What happened between you and Jungkook was an accident and even if that night didn't happen, you and Jungkook would have still met because you guys were meant to be. I was the one that doesn't belong in the picture." Seolhyun said.

Haneul wiped away her tears while both of them stayed silent. Before Seolhyun could go back to her prison cell, Haneul went into her bag and took out something. Seolhyun's eyes widen when Haneul placed her own wedding ring in front of her.

"I heard that you're receiving treatments here and so I brought you something that could help you." Haneul said while Seolhyun had a small smile on her face. She then grabbed onto the ring and looked back at Haneul.

"This was the ring that Jungkook customize for you and was the first ring that he gave to a women and that was you." Haneul said as Seolhyun gave her a sad smile and looked back down at the ring. One tear fall from her eyes and landed on the ring.

"This ring held an important connection in your life and I hope that this ring will give some hope to get better soon, to keep breathing. I know that deep down you're a good person and I want you to be that person not for me, not for anyone but for you." Haneul said as she slowly got up and walked to the door while Seolhyun was slowly starting to have hope once again.

But before Haneul could go, she turned back around to look at Seolhyun.

"And I hope that one day if I do see you again, I want to see you being happy and having the life that you always wanted." Haneul said while a tear rolled down Seolhyun's cheeks. Seolhyun then gently turned to face her.

"Thank you." Seolhyun softly said as Haneul gave her a small smile and nodded. Haneul knew that her thank you meant more than she speaks. Haneul then walked out of the room leaving with a weight lifted off of her shoulders.

A genuine smile was placed on both of their faces knowing that they have closure and knew that both of them can finally move on without having any burdens being held onto their backs.

To Be Continued 

October 15, 2019