Chapter 16: Nightmares

Unknown-

"I do, I know where Andrew is." I repeated.

"And how could you possibly know that?"

"This friend had his address written down on his desk. we know where he is we can put him in jail, for good."

"Listen we are doing everything we can. Listen we are going to get Clara back and put Mr. psycho away."

"We need to do more we can't just sit around her all day, typing up paper work and missing reports. we need I be out looking for clues, suspects, anything. people are dead because of."

"We understand that, we have everything under control."

"NO, I don't think you do." without another word I stormed out of the polices station.

Clara-

"The movie wasn't that scary." Andrew whispered and he hugged me from behind.

"Yes it was, that mirror was freaking possessed or something."

"Are you scared something's going to get you?" he chuckled.

"No, are scared someone's going to make you sleep on the couch?" I said back.

"Touché. so it's getting late come on."

He grabbed my hand and led we up the steps into the bedroom.

I changed I'm the bathroom and he changed in the closet.

We crawled in bed and just as I was about up fall sleep Andrew phone started vibrating.

"Hello...uh huh.... I'm sorry but I think you have the wrong number." he hung up, out his back back on the bedside table and wrapped his arm around me.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Just someone with the wrong number."

Then I drifted off into my dreams.

*the house I was in was dark, I tried calling for help but the phone line was dead.

Someone grabbed my waist from behind but I elbowed him causing him to let me go.

I ran upstairs then closed and locked the door.

I was in a bedroom I haven't seen before. or have i?

There was a loud banging on the door.

"Open the door Clara!"

I ran underneath the bed just as the door broke open and I saw the stranger walking around the room.

When I didn't see his footsteps anymore I thought he left and let out a sigh of relief.

Then I felt two hands grip my ankles and pull me from underneath the bed.

He grabbed my waist and threw me on the bed, pinning my down.

My hands high above my head and the stranger straddles my waist.

I pulled out a white cloth and covered my face.

The cloth reeked of gasoline and an unknown substance.

My movements became slow and I fought to keep my eyes open.

My eyes closed and everything keeping moving.

I felt him lifted me off the bed and carry me downstairs and laid me on a leather seat.

After a few moments the smell of smoke and gas invaded my nostrils, then nothing.*

I sat straight up from my nightmare. it felt so real or like it's happened before.

When I looked at the window I noticed it was still dark out.

"Are you okay?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah, just a bad dream. I think."

Then soft snores came from Andrew.

I laid back down but I couldn't sleep.

Why did I have that nightmare and why did it seem so real.

Had that actual happened? it couldn't, I don't remember any of that.... I don't remember.