Chapter 24: The Accident

( I decided to make this chapter about Clara's accident and the after effects )

---------------------------------------------

Seven years ago: The Accident.

"Come on Clara we have to get going of we are going to beat the traffic." my mom called from downstairs.

"I'll be right down." I called from my room.

It's was Christmas break and we are finally going in a family vacation. me being an only child made it easier to travel. I would love to have a little brother or sister but my mom doesn't want anymore kids. typical parents.

We we going to the mountain house for a week. my dad got the house after his grandfather died 15 years ago. I never met my great grandfather.

"Clara let's go."

"Mom, I'm ready." I said pulling my luggage bag behind me.

"Put it in the trunk please."

Once I out my luggage in the car I got into the back seat.

"Okay whose ready?" My dad said putting on his seat belt.

"All of us sweetheart." my mom said.

The air was cold and crisp, like it always was.

Jess was visiting her grandparents for the break since her parents wouldn't let her come with me.

We have been friends since birth. she has always been there for me through everything, pre-k, all the homework and even when my pet hamster died. she's like the sister I never had.

My dad gave me a funny look mentally telling me to "ask her."

I knew exactly what we was talking about, I nodded in response.

"Mom, I have a question."

"What is it honey?"

"Where do babies come from?"

The subject always made my mom uncomfortable, I asked her just to see her reaction. he face flushed and she struggled to find an answer even though I already knew what it was.

"W-well uh honey when two people... you know what they come from California."

My dad and I bursted so to laughter and my mom looked confused.

"What's so funny?"

"Mom I always know the answer. I just wanted to see your reaction."

I couldnt stop my laughter. after a few minutes we were complete on mountain road. there were so many twists and turns, it wasn't funny.

"We are going to stop for gas okay." my dad said.

We pulled off to gas station and instantly the smell of gas entered my nostrils.

While my dad was pumping had my mom and I decides to use the restroom.

When we came back outside my dad was just getting in the car. Snow was lightly falling.

Before I knew it we were in the road again.

My dad turned up the music and I instantly remembered the song.

"Where'd ya come from where'd ya go where'd ya come from cotton eyed joe." my dad sang out loud in his best and worst hillbilly voice.

"You're so embarrassing." I practically yelled over the music and laughed.

My dad turned down the music and laughed.

"Mom what wrong with that car?"

My mom looked to my dad worriedly and he took her hand and entwined his fingers with hers.