Chapter 29: Race To The Plane

Clara-

My condo still hasn't sold, so I'm still staying with Jess.

It's been 4 months since I've seen or talked to Andrew.

They denied my access for visits and calls. they also revoke my letters.

"Clara, I'm going to the store."

"It's 9 at night, seriously?"

"We need milk I'll be back."

"Okay."

I laid in bed and just started thinking about Andrew. I still sleep in Andrew hoodie, which still smells like him.

I didn't know I was sleeping until Jess woke me up.

"Clara come here. now!"

I ran into the living room and sat in the couch.

"What?" I asked.

"Just watch."

"Recently Andrew Collins, the culprit of killing three people and abducting Clara Daniels had escaped the Vancouver county jail. the incident happened while he was in kitchen duty. three cops are injured but there are no death. we don't know where he is but he is on the lose and dangerous. please lock all doors and windows. be safe."

I turned the tv off and my frown turned to a smile.

"He escaped." I smiled.

"And that's a good thing?" Jess asked worried. "in locking the Doors." She added.

"Good thinking, I'll uh lock the windows and go to bed."

Once I was in my room I quietly unlocked my window, in case he tries to come through.

I crawled under the covers and before falling asleep I whispered to myself, "that's what he meant by 'soon'.

Andrew-

After escaping I started running and running.

I ran to my house and it was empty and the same as I left it when the cops came.

I changes into a black button down shirt, jeans, then I grabbed my car keys.

While driving a report came on about my escape.

"Shit." I said to myself.

Where would Clara be? She told me how they rebuilt her house and it's for sale. where would she be staying.

Then I thought of the one person she trusted.

"Jess." I hissed.

I drove to an alley and parked my car there. the fire escape was in the alley.

Jess probably had the door and windows locked.

I climbed the fire escaped and found what I'm guessing in the guest room. Clara was sleeping so peacefully.

Police cars were monitoring the streets so I had to be quick.

I tried lifting the window and to my surprise it lifted. quietly I snuck in and sat beside Clara, she was facing me.

I cupped her cheek and lightly rubbed my thumb against her cheek.

She whimpered and a smile tugged at my lips.

Her eyes slowly opened and when she saw me, her eyes widened.

"A-Andrew?"

She sat up and I noticed she was wearing one of my hoodies and yoga pants.