seven

We sit here in awkward silence as my mother, Myrcella, Tommen, Sansa and I have dinner.

"When will Joffrey and Sansa be married?" Myrcella asks.

"Soon darling, when the war is over," my mother answers.

"Mother says I'll have a new gown for the ceremony," Mrycella tells Sansa, "And another for the feast. But yours will be ivory since you're the bride."

Sansa doesn't respond, "The princess just spoke to you," my mother says.

"Pardon, Your Grace. I'm sure your dress will be beautiful, Myrcella. I'm counting the days until the fighting is done and I can pledge my love to the King in sight of the gods."

"Is Joffrey going to Kill Sansa's brother?" Tommen asks.

"He might," My mother says.

Sansa takes a bring drink of wine.

"Would you like that?" my mother asks Tommen.

"No, I don't think so."

"Even if he does, Sansa will do her duty. Won't you, little dove?"

I walk Sansa back to her room.

"I'm sorry about my mother, everything that is happening to you it's not fair."

"No need to apologize, Scarlett, none of this is your fault."

*

I sit across from Tryion drinking some wine. 

"So are we going to do anything about Jaime being captured by the Starks?" I ask Tyrion.

"What are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know...I just hate sitting here doing nothing."

"Me too."

"Listen, I have this theory it might sound a little crazy but just hear me out."

"Was is it?"

"My father, there's no way he just died like that. There had to be more to the story. So I took the flask of wine that Lancel was holding for him. I gave the flask to the maester and he found poison in the cup."

"So Lancel poisoned your father?"

"Yes but Lancel didn't come up with this on his own. Who else would want my father dead? Someone who hates him."

"Your mother."

"Yep."

"Scarlett that's-"

"Crazy?"

"No. It makes sense. How did you get so clever?"

I shrug, "I had a good teacher." 

Tyrion smiles, "While I would love to continue this conversation I have very late for a small council meeting.

I laugh, "You're probably the best Hand to the King ever, you definitely beat Ned Stark," I say as Tryion walks out the door.

I turn around and I see Pod just standing there, "Seven hells! How long have you been standing there?"

"The entire time Prin- I mean Scarlett."

"You really are that quiet. Come on let's go do something."

"Where are we going?"

"I'm hungry and I'm sure you are to...so come on."

We make our way down to the kitchen.

"Scarlett are we allowed to take food?"

"I'm the princess so probably."

"But I don't want to get in trouble."

"You're not doing anything, its all me. Plus I am the princess, I get to make commands around here."

I still see the nervous look on his face.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

He gets less tense.

I get some chicken, potatoes, and some ale. We sneak the food back into my room.

We sit on my bed eating, drinking, laughing. This is probably the happiest I've been in a while.

*

Tyrion, Bronn, and I walk into the throne room. Sansa is on the floor crying with her dress ripped and Ser Meryn has his sword out ready to strike her with it.

"What is the meaning of this?" Tyrion yells causing Ser Meryn to stop. I run over to Sansa to make sure she is okay.

"The kind of knight beats a helpless girl," Tyrion tells Ser Meryn.

"The kind who served his king, imp."

I pull out my dagger, "Call him the imp again, see what happens."

"You better be careful, now. We don't want to get blood all over your pretty white cloak," Bronn says.

"Would someone get Sansa something to cover herself with?"

The Hound gives Sansa a white cloak.

"She is to be your queen. Have you no regard for her honor?" Tyrion tells Joffrey.

"I'm punishing her."

"For what crimes? She did not fight her brother's battles, you half-wit," I say.

"You can't talk to me like that. The king can do as he likes!"

"The Mad King did as he liked. Has uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?"

"No one threatens His Grace in the presence of the Kingsguard," Ser Maryn says, his hands go to his sword.

"You should know that I killed ten kings guard last week, all at once, by myself." Ser Maryn backs away a little.

"She's not threatening the King, ser. Shes just educating him. Bronn the next time Ser Maryn speaks or even as so looks at my niece kill him. That was a threat. See the difference?" Tyrion says.

Tyrion, Bronn, and I take Sansa out of the Throne Room.

"I apologize for my nephew's behavior," Tyrion tells Sansa, "Tell me the truth, do you want an end to this relationship?"

"I am loyal to King Joffrey, my one true love."

Tryion stops walking but I continue to walk with Sansa.