thirty-two

"When I was a child," Daenerys says, "My brother would tell me a bedtime story...about the man who murdered our father. Who stabbed him in the back and cut his throat. Who sat down on the Iron Throne and watched as his blood poured onto the floor. " I stand next to Tyrion as Daenerys, Sansa, and Jon decided whether or not Jaime can stay, "He told me other stories as well. About all the things we would do to that man...once we took back the Seven Kingdoms and had him in our grasp. Your sister pledged to send her army north."

"She did," Jaime says.

"I don't see an army. I see one man, with one hand. It appears your sister lied to me."

"She lied to me as well. She never had any intention of sending her army north. She has Euron Greyjoy's fleet and 20,000 fresh troops. The Golden Company from Essos bought and paid for." I really don't see why everyone is so shocked Cersei lied, "Even if we defeat the dead, she'll have more than enough to destroy the survivors."

"We?"

"I promised to fight for the living. I intend to keep that promise."

"Your Grace, I know my brother..." Tyrion says.

"Like you knew your sister?" Daenerys says.

"He came here alone, knowing full well how he'd be received. Why would he do that if he weren't telling the truth?"

"Perhaps he trusts his little brother to defend him, right up to the moment he slits my throat."

"Your right," Sansa says, "We can't trust him. He attacked my father in the streets. He tried to destroy my house and my family, the same as he did yours."

"Do you want me to apologize? I won't. We were at war. Everything I did, I did for my house and my family. I'd do it all again."

"The things we do for love," Bran says. Jaimes' eyes go wide.

"So why have you abandoned your house and family now?" Daenerys asks.

"Because this goes beyond loyalty. This is about survival. 

"Your Grace," I say going to stand next to Jaime., "I know my uncle has given you many reasons not to trust him. But I know one thing Jaime isn't, he isn't a liar when he said he was going to fight for the north he meant it. Plus, he's one of the best fighters in Westeros. We need him." 

I hear someone get out of there chair and Jaime and I turn around we see its Brienne, "You don't know me well, Your Grace," she goes to stand on the other side of Jaime, " But I know Ser Jaime. He is a man of honor. I was his captor once. But when we were both taken, prisoner and the men holding us tried to force themselves on me, Ser Jaime defended me. And lost his hand because of it. Without him, my lady, you would not be alive. He armed, armored me, and sent to find you and bring you home because he'd sworn an oath to your mother."

Sansa waits a few moments before speaking, "You two vouch for him?"

"Yes," I say.

"I do," Brienne says.

"You would fight beside him?"

I nod my head yes.

"I would."

"I trust you both with my life. If you trust him with yours, we should let him stay."

"What does the Warden of the North say about it?" Daenerys says.

"We need every man we can get," Jon says.

"Very well."

Grey Worm gives Jaime his sword back.