thirty-four

We clean up all of the blood and dirt. I have cuts and bruises everywhere. My hands are stitched and wrapped up.

The first thing we do it have a funeral for all the dead. The bodies are set on planks. There's over a hundred dead. I stand next to Tyrion.

"We're here to say goodbye to our brothers and sister," Jon says, "To our fathers and mother. To our friends. Our fellow men and women who set aside their differences...to fight together...and die together so that others might live. Everything in this world owes them a debt that can never be repaid. It is our duty and our honor to keep them alive in memory...for those who come after us...and those who come after them...for as long as men draw breath. They were the shields that guarded the realms of men. And we shall never see their like again."

Daenerys, Grey Worm, Arya, Sansa, Jon, and Tormund all get handed torches to burn the bodies.

*

Later the night all of us left alive gather for a feast. I was supposed to be sitting at the head table with but Daenerys let me sit with Pod, Jaime, and Brienne.

I sit across from Pod and Brienne next to Jaime. 

I pour myself my second cup of ale. 

"Don't you think you should slow down?" Jaime says.

"After the night I just had? I don't think so," I say.

"We all had a crazy night."

"I'm sorry, did you kill the Knight King?" he just stares at me, "Didn't think so." I pour myself another glass of ale. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a smile on Pod's face.

"Gendry," Daenerys says. I immediately turn my head in her direction and I see him trying to leave the room he freezes right in front of our table, turning to look at her, "That's right isn't it?"

He slowly walks over to the front of her table, "Yes, your grace."

"You're Robert Baratheon's son."

Jaime looks at me wide-eyed, "Did I forget to tell you?" I whisper.

"You are aware he took my family's throne and tried to have me murdered?"

"I didn't even know he was my father until after he was dead."

 "Yes, he's dead. His brothers are too. And, your sister, Scarlett has already pledged her loyalty to me. So who's the Lord of Storm's End now?"

"I don't know, Your Grace."

"Does anyone?"  The only sound the Clegane devouring his food, "I think you should be Lord of Storm's End."

At first, he doesn't know what to say, "I can't be, I'm a bastard."

"No, you are Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End, the lawful son of Robert Baratheon. Because that is what I have made you."

I stand up holding my cup, "To Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End."

Everyone else stands up, lifting their cups, "Lord Gendry!"

Everyone sits back down calming down. 

As Gendry walks past our table I stand up to go give him a hug, "Take care of Storms End for me, I might want to go back someday," I say before pulling away.

When he walks away I say, "You know, it feels great to have an older brother who hasn't tried to kill you."

I sit back down next to Jaime.

*

"To the Dragon Queen!" Tormund yells giving another toast. We all cheer raising our glasses.

Daenerys stands up, "To Arya Stark and Scarlett Baratheon, the hero's of Winterfell!" Everyone cheers a lot louder raising their cups high in the air. We all laugh and smile as Tormond chugs his drink spilling it everywhere.