Fairest of Them All

Nobles poured into the palace to greet and celebrate the first prince. Chandeliers illuminated the ballroom buzzing with excited chatters as nobles forged connections or greeted old acquaintances.

Casimir stood beside the king, His majesty King Anastasius, with his younger brother, His highness Prince Stefan Atanase—who was still honestly scared with his brother's manic outburst the last week.

He looked down from the stage built specially for them royals. He was icier and more indifferent than ever while he trained his eyes on the large double doors inlaid with golden regal designs thrown wide open to receive the guests still growing by the minute.

"Casimir, can you please show a little smile or something and keep that cold aura of yours in check?"

Anastasius, who noticed the queasiness of the nobles who came up one by one to offer their greetings and Casimir only responds with a brief hum, whispered exasperatedly.

"Yes, Father." Casimir laconically answered with a slight bow and turned his gaze back to the door again.

"For goodness' sake, she'll come! Do you really have to stare at the door all the time?"

"I wouldn't if you had let me go." Casimir casted a resentful glance towards his father before turning back to the door again.

"This lad." How far have you fallen actually?

"Your majesty, King Anastasius, Your highnesses, Prince Casimir and Prince Stefan." A man, with a large beer belly and a mendacious face, came forward and greeted them with a wide grin.

"This humble Baron wishes to congratulate his highness, Prince Casimir, on his name day together with his daughter." He announced and gestured for a lady with coral pink hair to come forward.

She wore an off-shoulder white ball gown with pink gradients toward the edges and an intricately designed lace covering a little bit of skin above the corset that hugged her bosom tightly making them pop out but not too seductively.

And a slitted butterfly-sleeves with dangling little cherry blossom flowers. Recreating the lovely warmth of spring with her slightly blushing cheeks elicited from being under numerous envious stares.

Her skirt fluffily puffing like a perfectly blooming flower, a white lace with crocheted cherry blossom flower patterns covering it, as it went all the way down to the floor, hiding her rose-gold & diamond-studded shoes.

Her garb showcased so much of her innocence, pureness and elegance that attracted so many gazes to her beautiful appearance.

Her hair, tied in a half updo pinned with a golden flower wreathe-like hair ornament, cascaded down like waterfalls.

She was so sweet, pure and lovely that it incited the men's desire to protect this delicate flower and shield it away from the impurities of their world.

Many were already making their moves to approach her and she all entertained them with a bashful kind smile. She was the epitome of a pure saint-like beauty—the white lotus rising above the muddy water to effloresce with remarkable and unforgettable beauty.

She was then tacitly crowned by everyone as the fairest of them all tonight.

"A joyous and prosperous birthday to you, your highness, it is the Latifolia house's pleasure to present our gift—"

"Mm."

She didn't even get to finish her well-prepared speech she practiced for hours on end just to perfect it and not slip or stutter or anything that will embarrass the Latifolia household when Casimir absent-mindedly nodded and hummed in acknowledgement.