Please Love Me

"My Lady? Are you alright?"

"Please don't!!!"

Adira suddenly screamed—horrified, shaken and pale to the tips of her fingers as she trembled badly.

Reflexively hugging her body in an attempt to move as far as she could from the man, she felt her back touch the frigid stone walls and hear the loud and cold clanging of chains.

"Princess?"

"Mommy?"

Both of Alex and Heise wondered what happened to Adira as she continued to look unto this man with fear evident in her ash-grey eyes. She looked as if she was looking at the devil incarnated itself, while softly repeating to herself,

"Please, no more. Please stop."

"My lady?" The perplexed man watched the fear-stricken eyes of the lady before she jolted yet again and averted her eyes while muttering an apology over and over again.

Alexander and Heise, not understanding what was happening to Adira, immediately shielded her from this man's sight.

There was something not right here. A woman as strong and as brave as Adira can't suddenly act like this—as if fearing for her life—without reason.

And he didn't smell right to Heise's nose. Something about him was familiar yet not. Something so rotten and sinister that makes him want to gag.

The man, confused to what was happening, immediately raised his hands as a gesture that he did nothing and meant no harm to the lady.

Heck! He didn't even know why she was acting like that!

"I'm sorry?"

"No. Please excuse us. It seems our Lady wasn't feeling well in the first place."

Alexander politely bowed to apologize in behalf of his mistress. Because, it was true that he did not do anything. Adira just suddenly had this anxiety attack he never once saw before.

She was always so calm, firm and collected. She never broke down or anything. She always stood strong. So seeing this vulnerable side of hers made him want to protect her even more.

Something unnecessary was kicking up a fuss again, but he was not gonna bother to stash it in this time.

Alexander pivoted on his heel and offered a hand to the frightened Adira and smiled warmly when she looked up to him. It seems to him that she needed something or someone to keep her grounded.

"Alex... It's Alex." She muttered and suddenly clung to him.

The Adira right then have long stopped thinking what her actions entailed nor the consequences after it. She only needed something that would remind her that she was way past this man now.

That she had lived through and escaped him. That this was not her first life anymore. That the chances of her fate and future being interlinked with this man was way below zero now.

Because Casimir would not allow it—her husband this lifetime would not allow it.

"Let's go back to the palace now." Alexander softly spoke to her and, even if it was not the right moment or the most appropriate time, he took the chance to embrace her in his arms and feel her warmth.

A chance that was as rare as the blue moon.

"Yes. Let's go home. Please take me home. To Casey." Adira muttered weakly and tightened her grip on Alexander as he helped her up.

Heise, who was still keeping his sharp and doubtful glare on the man, reached out for his mother's hand. He was briefly stunned with how cold she was and immediately directed his anger at the man that triggered everything.