Adira's Light

"What's this? Did bugs enter your brain and chewed on it that you forgot what I did for you, Lady Latifolia?"

The man grimaced and glared at Iris, who was playing heroine for the first prince, before he pushed her off and threw Casimir aside while he pulled the sword out.

"I did not but that didn't mean I will allow you to kill him!" She exclaimed and attacked the man.

Iris lured the man away from Casimir so he doesn't get caught up in their fight and possibly suffer more injury or, worst, die.

Heise, who was watching and making sure his mother and father were well protected while they worked together to kill the enemies, saw everything and immediately called for his mother.

"Mommy!!" He cried and pointed at Casimir's fallen form.

Adira, in a heap of panic, let one powerful heat burst to shake the soldiers off her back and rushed to Casimir's side. He was defenseless and bleeding too much.

"Casey!"

"A.. dira.." he coughed out her name as well as blood. Things were not looking good with him looking like that—with all those wounds and that blood.

"Shh.. it'll be fine... Everything will be fine. Trust me." She said.

But to her ears, it sounded more like she was talking to her self. She was repeating it in a soft whisper to calm herself. That everything was going to be fine and Casimir will live.

"My.. wife.. don't cry."

"I'm not crying!!! You're just seeing things!! So shut up and behave!" She roared with tears streaming down her face and Casimir smiled softly at her. She was still stubborn, it seems.

Adira turned left and right and searched for someone that can help Casimir. Someone who can heal him. But as they were in the middle of war, and a little ways out the town now, they cannot bring in a healer as soon as possible.

Iris... She's the Maiden of Light... She can help Casey.

She searched for the particular lady. But when her eyes found the girl, she was locked in a sword fight with a formidable foe who wore a hood and did not look like he belonged to the Alynthi's people.

"Heise! Come!"

So she called for her son, to let him take Casimir back to the palace to be fixed, and the latter did not even think twice before coming out from his hiding place and to his mother's side.

"Take your father and go! Find someone who can heal him."

"But Mommy you can! Cause you're—"

Heise halted when Casimir took hold of his arm and he looked over to his father, who was enduring the pain from all of his wounds, and saw him lightly shake his head.

His father didn't want him to tell his mother.

"What is it, baby?"

"You're... Your fire! You can use the blue fire, right? I can help you hone it so we can close his wounds for the time being."

Heise, deciding to follow his father for now, changed what he wanted to say. He'll have to ask him why after this so he cannot die. He cannot leave his mother and him.

I might be able to trigger Mommy's light attribute by unraveling the darkness I covered her with. But she'll be vulnerable and in plain sight at that moment.

"Should anything happen, please trust Heise, Mommy." The little child suddenly spoke before pulling his mother's hand to place it over Casimir's largest wound before placing his over hers.

Adira watched the bright and clear eyes of her son and without further doubt or question, she nodded her head.

Heise searched for Adira's core with his mind's eye and found two. One was her Phoenix fire core while the other was a dark and dim one—it was her light core that he covered with his darkness.

He carefully and slowly unraveled his darkness over it and told Adira,

"Please start, Mommy."

Adira summoned her fire. She didn't know if she can summon the blue one but if Heise says so, then maybe she can. She trusts him as much as she trusts her family and Casimir—and he was part of that family.

She was about to start when a loud thudding rushed over to them that when she looked up, instead of seeing enemy soldiers rushing in to kill them, she saw the Versaillus knights surrounding them like a barrier.

"Princess, please take this. It was something my grandmother, a healer, gave me when she heard about me marching to battle. But I don't know how well it'll work."

A soldier came close to Adira and gave her a white crystal. It was clear, almost like a glass, and she took it gratefully. She needed all the help she can get, after all.

"Thank you..." She let her sentence hang to ask the man his name and he gladly gave it to her with flushed cheeks.

"It's Theodor, princess! Please call me, Theo."

"Thank you, Theo." Adira smiled kindly before turning back to Casimir, who was not liking what he sees.

"Stop that. Here you are with wounds as large as this and you still have the time to be jealous?" She scolded him again and Casimir couldn't—doesn't want to—argue with her. Else he'll just have another earful and he's had enough.

Heise looked at the crystal and had a Eureka moment. His mother's light could amplify this crystal's effect to it's maximum capacity and heal his father's wounds in one go! It was just perfect timing!

This father really has the best luck, huh? Not only was he lucky for snatching Mommy, he even got lucky and avoided his death!

Or was it Mommy's luck?

"Put it over his wounds, Mommy!"

The little child exclaimed excitedly—like a child that found his hope to save his father—and Adira listened and immediately placed the crystal over Casimir's wounds. She was happy that Heise finally warmed up to Casimir.

However, she did not know how to activate it.

"Umm.."

"Repeat after me, Mommy! O lux mederer contritis."

Heise spoke and Adira followed suit—not even questioning what it meant and how the child knew such language.

She recited the exact same words and the crystal in her hands glowed brightly—almost blinding everyone that watched and had to turn or shield their eyes from it.

When the light died down, Casimir's wounds had all vanished and Adira stared at awe of the crystal's healing effects!

"Wow! Theo! Your grandmother's a great healer!!" She cheered and looked towards the confused knight with an amazed, relieved and happy expression on her beautiful face.

But how? That was just an ordinary mid-grade healing crystal that is the cheapest in the market. How can it have that kind of effect?

The knight was asking himself before he felt eyes on him and he turned to both Casimir and Heise strangely staring at him sharply.

Why are they looking at me like that? Scary~~~

The poor lad could only cry in his confused heart after being threatened for some unknown reason by the prince and his son!

While some distance away, still engaged in his fight with Iris, the hooded man's attention was captured by the bright light in the middle of that ring the Versaillus army made and an evil grin spread across his face.

"There you are~~"

Notes:
I'm so lazzzyyyyy~~ *sob*
I enjoyed everyone's comments and thank you so much! Thank you for the cheers and for always patiently waiting for the updates! And not pressuring your author! 🙇🏻‍♂️

P.S. I did well on my exam! Banzaaaiii~ 🎉