CHAPTER THREE

"Good evening Regulus, Severus" Kaia nodded her head to her younger housemates in the common room

"Good evening Regulus, Severus" Kaia nodded her head to her younger housemates in the common room. Severus just nodded his head but Regulus smiled," Evening Kaia, going on patrol?"

"Yes, it would seem our fellow prefects have gotten themselves in trouble already" Kaia huffed in annoyance," Well time is sacred, have a good night the pair of you" She waved.

Once Kaia had left the common room, she went on the patrol herself running into the other house prefects along the way except for Lupin, to which Lily said he had prior engagements. She would have questioned the excuse, but she knew how responsible he was so she let it go.

While on her patrol, she had found herself looking before the Headmaster who beckoned her over. She furrowed her brows in confusion walking over to him," Good evening, Headmaster Dumbledore"

"As well with you Kaia my dear, I see you've taken the role of your Prefects, I apologize for not choosing ones who seem fit responsible"

She lightly shrugged her shoulders," Mistakes happen Sir, to be honest, if Regulus Black was in his Fifth year by now, I'd expect for him to be one of my prefects, and it's a shame that Emma Vanity turned down the role, but I understand with her becoming our Quidditch Captain it would be too stressful for her"

Dumbledore nodded to her words, he knew he chose right with her as Head Girl, because she saw most of her housemates that were associated with the Tom, as not all bad people, one as such being Regulus.

"You not assumed of Severus?" Dumbledore asked

"No, he is smart do not get me wrong, but Severus is not fit to be a Prefect. If he socialized more, then there is a chance, but he prefers to keep to himself, sadly"

"You are very observant my dear, I'll speak with Professor Slughorn to see if we can find more suited Prefects"

"That would be wonderful Headmaster, but I do have a question that has been worrying me for a while now" Kaia looking up at the elder man

"One I hope to be able to answer"

"I know it's not my business, and forgive me for being intrusive, but what has happened to Sirius Black after he left home? I know he is yet of age, so—"

Dumbledore chuckled cutting her off," He is currently living with James Potter"

"Oh" Kaia mumbled and nodded her head," Thank goodness"

"If I may ask, is it because you want to assure Regulus?"

"You seem to know everything Sir, but I share the same worry of his own wellbeing, such a young age to have left home, but I understand why he did. Regulus might have accidentally let it slip. It just shows he cares" Kaia responded and Dumbledore swore he saw a small smile peak through her lips.

He looked behind her discreetly to the empty hall that he knew where Sirius and James were currently at under the Invisible Cloak.