CHAPTER NINE

Kaia asking Sirius Black, out on a date, was the newest talk of the Hogwarts

Kaia asking Sirius Black, out on a date, was the newest talk of the Hogwarts. The rumours of Tabitha and James were long gone, and the newest target of interest was now Kaia McKinnon.

Most of the females that raved for Sirius Black had feared Kaia since she was not only a Slytherin but apparently the Queen of them. So, it was a line that none of them dared to cross, but of course, there were a few that tried, but only to fail instantly.

Sirius, on the other hand, was enjoying the moment, since it was his first time actually being asked out, but not just that, but Kaia of all people.

"I don't get why people are making it a big deal," Kaia said emotionlessly, as she walked alongside her younger sister who was wearing a huge victorious grin

"You asked out Sirius Black, of course, people will talk—I didn't think you do in the Great Hall, but it was worth watching the way he looked when you asked him out"

"People confuse me" Kaia stated," Especially those girls who keep looking at me enviously. If they claim to fancy him, why don't they just do what I did?"

"Because they like the idea of being asked out" Marlene explained," It's just what most girls enjoy, feeling like they have the power when not taking the first move. It makes them not look desperate"

"So, me asking him made me look like that?" Kaia tilted her head

"No, I think for you, it was more of 'What in Merlin's name just happened?'" Marlene responded

"I'm just more confused now Marlene" Kaia stopped walking looking at her sister," Was I not supposed to ask him as I did?"

She watched her sister laugh and shake her head," No, of course not, if anything you did a lot of people a favour"

"As in?"

"Literally destroying that confident pride Sirius had worked so hard on" Marlene smirked but then her eyes widen seeing her sister frowning.

"That is horrible, ruining something like that" Kaia looked down

"Um..." Marlene coughed trying to hide her shock on seeing an expression for once in a long time on her sister's face," No, I didn't mean it in a bad way, in fact, it was a good reality check for him. That pride of his caused a lot of heartbreak"

"Which leads me back to my confusion" Kaia huffed," If I get to know him, what makes you think It'll change my opinion on him? What's the point of this?"

"Just trust me on this sis, just get to know him—look, I know it seems pointless, but maybe things will play out differently than it did for all those other girls" Kaia noticed her sister averting her eyes as she said those words'

"You know something don't you?" Kaia questioned as she crossed her arms

"Well, I kind of learned that he really fancies you—and the way he looks at you is something I never saw before"

Kaia tilted her head yet again disordered "And you want me to date him?"

"Well no that is totally up to you! Look, just go on this one date and at the end of it you decide if you want to continue or stop"

"I guess you have a point, but I still do not even fully understand why he fancies me out of all the other possible candidates"

"Maybe you'll find out on the date" Marlene shrugged