CHAPTER SIX

"Hold on for a moment" James lifted his hand to his mouth completely taken back by the words that came out of Sirius' mouth

"Hold on for a moment" James lifted his hand to his mouth completely taken back by the words that came out of Sirius' mouth. The guys watched his friend who looked humiliated out of his mind, after telling his mates what just happened.

"You ran," Remus said slowly as Sirius groaned plopping his head on the table nodding slowly.

"You asked her out—" James continued," Then you ran?!" slamming his cup of butterbeer on the table.

"Did she say no?" Peter questioned taking a sip of his beverage.

"No" Sirius mumbled

James and Remus looked at each other confused tilting their heads "Then why did you run?"

"Well she—just asked me why"

"And you ran?!" James countered

"I panicked" Sirius mumbled incoherently as he tried to sink into the table feeling the stares of the other patrons.

"I think my hearing has gone bad" James grimaced," I just can't believe anything you just said"

"Well it happened, and I got a front-row seat" The guys all jumped to the voice as they all turned to Marlene who was smirking as she had her arms crossed.

"You were there?!" Sirius whined as she nodded triumphantly.

"You know, I'd never thought the rumoured girl was my sister" Marlene stated but kept her smile.

She watched Sirius' face fall into horror," How in Merlin's name did you know about that?"

"You and the guys don't really have inside voices; I think you tend to forget your surroundings," She said leaning on Peter's chair," You realize that most of what you guys talk about to each other, is usually heard most of the time?"

"Such as?" Remus challenged as she grinned," Well, the fact that James is interested in Tabitha—which by the way was totally unexpected, but good luck with that, and then Remus—and a certain twin Scamander, Evanie is her name right?"

"You know too much" James muttered

"I'm just observant—" Marlene hummed then turned to Sirius," If you're really serious about my sister, you better not hurt her"

"Well I am Sirius" He grinned making her frown," And I question why we all find you attractive"

"It's the hair" He teased running a hand through it

"Right, I'll let my sister know, so in case you piss her off. She'll shave it" He looked at her in complete revulsion unconsciously lifting his hands to shield his hair, as his friends and Marlene laughed.