Chapter 8

"Get away from her!" I shouted lunging at the two boys. Before I could take off from the floor hands wrapped them self around my waist picking me up. It was Cole.

"Put me down!" I screamed hearing Alec laugh as I struggle.

"Put her down." Zac calmly executed his command.

Cole hesitated. He looked at me with slight fear, but before I could make sense of his look he backed away shifting his head to the floor. Zac now stood inches away from my face, trying his best to intimidate me.

"You want to save her?" He asked me.

I stayed quiet. Sara look horrible. She had been hit. He cheek swollen, blood coming from her mouth she closed her eyes letting tears fall down her face and onto the floor.

"Take her back." Zac nodded at Alec.

Alec grabbed Sara by the arm and pulled her from the floor dragging her back to the other end of the house. I would have tried to stop him but Sara shook her head no. She didn't want me to interfere.

Zac looked back at me smirking with certain evil behind his eyes. I turned towards Cole. I wanted to leave this room. I started walking back to my room? Was it my room? Cole's room? Our  room?

The thought made me want to throw up.

"Not so fast." Zac's ugly growl came about. I turned again looking at him in the eyes. They weren't angry, just calm.

"You look like you haven't done a thing wrong. Why's that Cole?" He half laughed looking at the fearful boy behind me. Cole was still looking at the ground. Why was he scared of Zac? Cole is just as big as him, just as strong.

I Looked like I haven't done anything wrong? What's that suppose to mean?

"I gave her a warning." Cole's voice cracked.

"Mmm we don't give warnings." Zac snarled.

My blood pressure began to increase. Is this what Sara felt like? Zac was looking at me the same way he looked at Sara when I walked into the room.

Zac opened his mouth but stopped himself from saying anything. He looked up and down my body. Without a moment going by he grabbed the back of my neck slamming my body to the floor. My knees hit the ground with such force I knew I couldn't fight this.

"Hey man, come on!" Cole pleaded.

What was going on? Was he trying to help me?

Zac gave one look to Cole and then raised his hand to the air. Here it comes, I thought. This is what Cole was suppose to do to me. But he didn't. Why didn't he? The room became dark. My vision blurry and head dizzy - Zac's hand came in contact with my right cheek. It stung, like fire being swiped across my face.

"Stop being such a pussy." My face was lifted from my chin. Zac's hand around my neck. I assume he was talking to Cole.

He crouched down to my level.

"I've been wanting to do that since the moment you spoke to me." Zac laughed in my face. I spit at him. Wrong move. Cole was right. You are stupid, Emily. The necklace that had been previous given to me not even 5 hours ago felt cold sitting around my neck. My entire body is hot to the touch. Probably the anger building up in me.

I couldn't help but let the entire day flash through my mind. The nightmare, the uneasy feeling, the birthday card, the gift, the gun shots, the van, this house, this situation. Some day this has been. Some birthday this has been.

I didn't hear much before his other hand came into contact with my head this time higher. On my temple. I fell all the way onto the floor feeling my body lose control and the room became completely dark now, fading out. My senses are going out one by one.