Chapter 11

Everyone was almost done eating by now. There was a clock on the wall behind Zac, it had been almost 30 minutes.

Conversation between the guys had filled the air, talks about nothing important amused them. Not a single girl spoke. The time at this dinner had blurred, all I can really remember is eating, a lot. Cole would chuckle every now and then when he saw me putting more on my plate.I would give a glare and then he would look upset. For a kidnapper he sure seemed sensitive.

Before I knew it everyone was in the living room sitting on various places cuddled with their partner. Max still alone, he seemed very angry. Good, I thought. At least someone other than a girl is upset. He deserves it.

I sat on the ugly orange couch with Cole to my left. I wondered what was happening. Why were all just sitting here?

The tv turned on and my head snapped to it. From dead silence to loud noise, it scared me.

I took a look at Sara. She had her eyes closed and was looking down to her feet. She sat on the other side of the room with Alec. He put his arm around her and she cringed.

"Cut it out." He snarled at her, quiet enough to not be heard unless you were listening to them closely. Sara looked up him and mouthed "sorry" My body started to heat up at the fact. He was controlling her. She was letting him. I couldn't help but feel like it was my fault. She wanted to run when we first got here and I stopped her. If I didn't, she'd be dead though. Right?

I jumped as an arm touched me. Looking to my left, it was Cole. He kept it on me even though I pulled away.

Someone turned the lights off and everyone seemed to be settled. We were watching a movie. I wasn't sure what it was about. I wasn't paying attention. My thoughts wandered to back home. Is anyone looking for me? My foster parents, did they know I was gone? Surely they did. I've been missing for a couple days. That's all it's been, right? I wasn't keeping track of time in here. How is Katie doing? Did she make it out of the school safely? Is the shooting being broadcasted on the news? Am I on the news?

My head shifted to the right, watching Zac stare at the screen. He seemed happy. How can he be happy? Does kidnapping girls and forcing them to be here make him actually happy. Is that possible? Are people really that messed up? He noticed me starring.

Zac's eyes met mine and he nodded at me. It seemed to be telling me something, but what? I faced Cole watching his face study the tv and what was going on in the movie. I turned back to Zac. His lips curved into a smirk and turned his head away. I knew what it was.He liked that I was far away from Cole. He liked that I was rejecting him. His words played through my head.

"You are going to keep breaking rules, keeping being....the bitch you are."

"And when Cole can't take it anymore...he'll break. He'll get so angry he'll kill you."

That's what he wanted. He liked that I was making Cole angry. Or was I? Cole didn't look angry. I wasn't breaking any rules, but I was rejecting his arm being put around me.

I took a quick glace at everyone around me. If a boy had a girl, she was in his arms. Each girl had a look of fear, it was greatly masked by fake okay-ness. Even if there was a chance I could make Cole angry by not letting him keep his arm on me, I didn't want to take it.

I don't know if I want to be on Zac's side and make Cole so angry he breaks. Do I trust Zac to stop Cole before he kills me? Surely not. What's it to him if I get let out in the woods or Cole kills me - to him I'll be dead either way. He'll probably call it "mercy" that he let Cole do it quick then letting it drag out by slowly starving or freezing to death.

Do I take Cole's side? Cole doesn't even know there are sides. If Zac is serious about his offer, he thinks Cole is turning into a good guy. Or at least a better one. I could take this opportunity and talk Cole into letting me run and cut Zac out of the equation completely.

Truth be told I'm more scared of Zac than Cole or anyone else in this house. He's the only one who has laid a finger on me. Do I tell Cole about that? Or do I keep it to myself. Do I tell Cole I know about what happened to him and the girl he killed?

Without thinking much more on the subject I scooted over to Cole. His arm now fully around me comfortably. His faced turned to mine and tilted. It's as if he was wondering if I was insane.

Honestly I'm wondering the same thing.

He didn't take too long to watch my face as I looked back at him with an assurance that I am not only insane - but that yes...I did really just accept you putting your arm around me.

We all watch the movie. To the best of my ability I did try and follow what was going on but I couldn't stop myself from wondering off to my thoughts, once again.

Cole's POV

Emily shifted in her position, I pulled my arm up to allow her to move comfortably. I hope she didn't move too much farther away from me. I knew to not push too hard after what I've asked of her today.

I don't want Zac to think I don't have her under control. She scooted closer to me. I turned my head towards her in surprise. My eyebrows raised and eyes looked into hers. Was this Emily? The same difficult girl who I've been dealing with for the past 2 days?

I placed my arm tightly around her. Turning my attention back to the tv I smiled slightly thinking that she might be okay after all. Maybe the request from earlier didn't mess her up as bad as I thought. Or maybe it did. Maybe I broke her into listening. Guilt took over my mind.

Emily's POV

I wasn't sure how long it had been, but the movie had been over for what seemed like hours. Random things were now playing, along with the boys talking every few minutes. When would we go back to our? My? His room? I can't believe I wanted to go back there.

Anything away from Zac. My eyes became heavy, shutting often. Before I could stop myself, I rested my head on Cole's firm and warm chest. His heart beat filled my ears. I drifted off to dream land.

_______

Annoying nature sounds woke me from my slumber. I gripped my hand on sheets. I was in the room. Still not knowing what to call it I mentally rolled my eyes.

Was Cole in the bed with me?

I slowly turned over now facing the other way, opening my eyes one at a time I almost gasped at who was in front of me.

A sleeping, innocent looking, Cole. His eyes closed tightly, nose scrunched up, lips slightly open. He looked dare I Say it.. cute. Different. He looked like he couldn't harm a thing.

Sitting up in the bed I had to hold my head up. Blackness took over my eyes, it was one of those moments when you move too fast - everything was dark and my vision came back slowly. It was cold in here.

I was still wearing the shirt Cole gave me to me yesterday, but no pants. Where were my pants? I started to panic as the thoughts crossed my mind. I wasn't wearing any pants? I haven't changed since being here, other than the shirt. I haven't even showered.

I crept out of the bed making sure not to wake Cole. I needed to find my pants. I walked over to Cole's side of the bed looking on the floor, maybe they were on the ground and I took them off without remembering. Maybe. I hoped. It's better than the alternative running through my mind. Cole wouldn't do anything to me, right? Especially not what I'm thinking.

Or maybe he would. I had to remind myself that I don't know this guy. Not one bit. A vibration made it's self known, making me jump. Where was it coming from? Cole didn't move. He was sleeping too deep. I searched the bedside table next to Cole. Nothing.

Another vibrate came through. This time a light caught my eyes. A phone was lighting up from slightly under his pillow. A phone?! He has a phone?? I took my chances, slowly reaching my hand to the edge of the phone and pulling it out in one swift motion making sure to hold my breath the entire time.

I let out a deep breath after holding the phone in my hand. I can't believe it. Can I call someone? Katie? 911? Anyone to get me out of here. A tear almost fell down my face in shock of having something that could help me. I walked over to the closet looking for small clothes that could fit me, grabbing what I could I walked over to the shower, watching a still Cole stay asleep.

I decided to take a shower to not only clean myself, but I needed noise to drown out the sound of the call I was going to make. When I reached the bathroom I shut the door quietly and turned on the water.

My eyes looked to the ground for a moment. The floor had been cleaned of my blood that had gotten on it from yesterday, the glass from the broken mirror had been gone too. The broken mirror still hanging though.

I swallowed readying myself to make this call. I turned the phone to my face and pressed on the home button. It was locked. It needs a password. My heart dropped. This wasn't going to help me. Hope left my mind. Damn it.