Chapter 3

AVA

As I try to find a parking spot to walk around and get ice cream I see a parking lot by the target right outside of the pier,
I park the car in the nearest spot to the ice cream shop.

We get off te cat and walk there
"Why did you give him your number?, he is staying at our hotel too so it will be hard for you to avoid him" she says and she almost trips and I try not to laugh by bitting on my lips

"I know but I wasn't thinking right...Maybe I wanted to have fun or whatever" She moves in front of me to see my facial expression and tilts her head back in laughter

"What's so funny" I ask

"Nothing is just that I can't picture you 'hoeing' around and playing a guy just because he spilt a drink on you" I get a flashback of something similar that Carla did back in the eight grade

"Blake...8th grade...he liked you and you tried to make it seem as if you liked him too...I'm stupid why am I acting like a little kid" I slap my forehead at my dumb decisions

"See, I did that, in eight fucking grade, I was fourteen"she tells me while rolling her eyes at me, I remember that as if it was yesterday, it was winter break and he texted her saying he liked her, she said the same thing and they continued on till the end of the week, when he sent her a picture of his privates, I always wondered why so many guys love to send pictures of their dicks...Carla has received a fair amount but Nothing compared to Vanessa, guys apparently have a thing for lesbians with dark long hair.

I myself have sacrificed my eyes for two friends and seen three Dicks for them.

We finally get our ice cream and walked to the car.

I break the silence by saying "you have to admit he was kinda cute" she doesn't respond and I move the car to go back

"You should go on a date Thursday, with the guy"she says after licking her ice cream, she continues by saying "I mean you might as well, you will probably never see the guy again and it might help you with your non existent love life" I swat at her arm for making fun of my decision towards dating.
Im not drop dead gorgeous like Carla or Vanessa, but I like to think of myself as good looking  if not average, most of high school I hated my looks, my face, my body, Even my brown hair and that's why I bleached it, and honestly I love that I made that bold decision. I wore way too much makeup and I always wore baggy clothes to cover my body.

Before I can stop myself I'm going through memory lane of my insecurities in 9th grade, I suffered from an eating disorder, I ate for the satisfaction, but threw up right after, I saw all the girls I used to hang out with that year and how tin they all were compared to me and all I wanted to do is cry over it, I saw that I had lost seven pounds the first week that I did that, after a month maybe three Carla noticed my change in everything, I ate less so I wouldn't have to throw up as much, not only that but I didn't eat lunch at school, and my excuse was that it was disgusting and it was believable because a handful of people waited to eat at home...except I didn't, I was forced to eat dinner and breakfast bc I was surrounded by my family and I had to survive, my father arrived home at 6pm and my brother was too young to even notice what I was doing.
One night Carla practically forced me to spend the night at her house and casually her mom made a five course meal, I had to wait until everyone was asleep to puke it all up, Carla was "woken up" when I know she had her suspicions about me and told me that it doesn't matter what my body looks like, or what the typical girl is supposed to weigh or look like, and that kind of helped me, not fully though, until one day I was tired of everything I was doing and I finally told my dad all of it, and I finally got real help.

I'm on the verge of tears when my favorite song starts playing i turn it up and once the lyrics start playing I start screaming them
"DON'T PLAY WITH ME, YOU BROKE MY HEART, BUT IM ALSO SO OBSESSED WITH YOU" We start dancing as if we were in my room just blasting music and I remember we're in public so I turn it down a bit

"Party pooper" Carla says to me and turns it back up.

I mumble the next words of the song "I don't know if I love you, I don't know if I hate you" I love this song for some reason, I have never in my life felt this, I have never been heart broken, or loved someone. I guess I'm just like a thirteen year old girl that loves Romance movies, shows, and books, yet I have never lived it.

As I take a Left turn I say to Carla "I wanna do it actually" she looks at me and raises her eyebrow.

"I was just joking"

"Oh...well I'm not, I kinda do wanna go on a date with this dude" I really don't want to be in a relationship at the moment but a date wouldn't harm anyone really.

"You sure though?, I mean he didn't even apologize or even look at you when he spilt that drink in your shorts"she says while tying her dirty blonde hair

"Ok but you always tell me 'oh Ava you need to get a boyfriend, when are you gonna start dating?, dude you will die a Virgin and live with cats' so if I wanna go on a date with a rude guy I will because I can" sometimes she can be such a hypocrite, and I honestly just wanna go on a date with what ever his name is.

She can easily get on my nerves by the smallest comments, and I perfectly knew how to get in hers "but I honestly don't know what the problem is, he's actually really cute" In that I'm not lying, he was very good looking, he had messy brown hair and had ninety degree angle for a jawline.

"I'm actually gonna go around again and see if I can find him" she sighs and covers her face with her hand in disappointment, I try my hardest not to laugh. I go around four more times after that just to waste her time

"Can we just go back to the Hotel now this is boring"

"Ok fine" Carla's phone starts to ring and she picks it up immediately and that tells me is her boyfriend Jake

"Hi babe" she says to the phone with a huge smile. She keeps talking on the phone until we finally reach the hotel.

The walk up to Carlas room is silent and I can tell by the look in her eyes that she misses Jake already even though twenty-four hours haven't even passed.
Once we reach Carla's and Vanessa's room we hear giggling

"You've got to be kidding me" Carla immediately gets her phone from her purse

"What are you doing?"

"Calling her I wanna go to sleep"

"What!? No she's having fun"once I say that i know that it comes out the wrong way in Carla's mind and she starts laughing and I laugh too

As we walk back to my room Mr.Asshole passes by us looking down at his phone and goes without noticing us.