Chapter 22

WOW before we get started i just wanna thank everyone for being patient on me not updating too often but besides that Thank you so much for 26k reads, i never expected this much support mostly since i'm so bad writing but thank you for everything!!

now finally here's chapter 22

AVA

I finally arrive at violets apartment and I wave goodbye at Luke who is still sitting down in the car, "Let me walk you up there and help you out with your stuff"

"Oh, thank you but I can.." he cuts me off before I can finish my sentence "No let me walk you up" before I can stop deny him again he leaves the car and takes my bag out of my arm.

The walk up to the elevator felt like it was years long, but once we reached it the tension increased by ten times.

Danm.

Why did I kiss him back, no, why on earth did he kiss me what so ever, It shouldn't of happened, it just feels weird to me....I have never felt this way over someone. All these emotions are overwhelming and I can't begin to distinguish them one from another and it's wearing me out.

"Ava" Luke calls out bringing me back into reality "look, I know we already talked about this earlier, But It feels like you really don't feel comfortable around me anymore..."

That was far from the truth, I still am comfortable around him, i truly am...but i just don't know how to be around him after all my emotions were somehow heightened by that kiss, and I'm basically clueless how to talk to him now "Don't worry. its not that. I like being around you if anything" I mumbled the second part but i have a feeling he heard it due to the smirk growing in his face "Good." He replied.

When we're finally at the door step of the apartment he puts down my bag in the floor, he begins to walk away but before he can i grab his wrist as if it was a reflex of mine and just like that I have both of my arms around his neck and my face on his chest, Clearly shocked and confused for a moment he didn't know what to do, but he finally put his arms around my back holding me tightly.

After a few seconds i separate myself from him while still holding onto his neck "Thank you for everything Luke" I told him and saw a smile shoot across his face, so contagious I couldn't contain my own

"It's getting late, I think you should go in"

"Yeah i really should" I said and looked at my watch that said "9:45p.m"

"But before you go...."I trailed off as i grabbed his face and pressed my lips against his cheek, I let go of him and smiled while making direct eye contact, his smile was even wider then before somehow and he waved goodbye as he headed back to where we initially came from.

I rang the door bell and soon after Violet opened the door and with her beautiful smile and welcomed me in, she guided me into a room that was smaller then my dorm but it's a reasonable size "Hey babes i don't remember if i told you but we're missing a roommate since our old one moved with her boyfriend so if you need to stay here for the long run you can" she tells me and proceded to leave the room.

.......

"please don't do this to us, especially Ava, she needs you to be around, the therapy is finally helping her but if you leave who knows what will happen to all the progress she has made" I heard my dad yell out from the living room.

"Mark im sorry but i can't stay, i didn't intend for you to even see me, aren't you supposed to be at work?" Mom....shes back, i should go say hi.

"The babysitter wasn't available today, and clearly you don't have the time to take care of our children" No, I should stay here

"Look, I never wanted for all this to even happen, we were eighteen when we ran away, i wasn't thinking right, i wanted to be alive, but now we have kids, i want to be free, and those....children won't allow me to" mommy usually has this tone but in a softer way...maybe she's taking the bad medicine again

"Did you relapse?"

"We're not talking about that right now!" mom yelled at dad

"Did you relapse or not" Dad spoke like someone else...he didn't sound like himself

"Im going now" mom grabbed something off the table and began to walk out "So you're just gonna leave us like this?"

"Sorry Mark."

I woke up feeling the tears already in my face, it has been long since i have dreamed about the night mom left to to "feel free"

I grabbed my phone to make sure it isn't too late to call my dad and it was 4am,

I began to ring his phone and within an few seconds he awnsered "Ava?, is something wrong?"

"Oh, nothing pops, i just miss home"

===========

HEYYY IM SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE BUT I HAVE BEEN FOCUSING IN SCHOOL AND AS MANY OF YOU KNOW I WAS RECOVERING FROM A BREAK UP BUT IM GOOD NOW, i'll try my best to write many chapters as possible during thanksgiving break so that i don't leave you hanging for too long,, but anyway thank you for everything and once again i apologize for the very late chapter