Chapter 20

AVA

As I splashed down in the water after he threw me, I got mad since I didn't wanna get in the water to begin with. To get my revenge on him I went right behind him and tried to put his head under the salty water "can you tell me what you're doing?"

"Just shut up and let me do what I'm trying to do" I say to him as I keep struggling to put his head underwater, as I keep trying and trying over and over I finally succeed to put him underwater, but just as a fast as he got underneath he got back over " get back in the water Luke" he nodded from side to side implying no

"Ok Luke, so you can throw me in the water but I can't do anything?, that's cool" he rolls his eyes at my words to him and proceeds to leave the water.

Not much after he comes back near the water with two drinks in hand "what's that in your hand" i ask him as he gives it to me

"a pina colada"

"why did you buy it, what if i don't like it?" he looks at me in a confused or maybe even disgusted look

"You haven't tried pina colada before?"

"No, i don't drink"

he looks at me confused once again and makes another question "There's virgin pina coladas, not all of them have alcohol dummy"

Way to go Ava now you just made yourself look stupid, i try to shrug off my stupid remark and take a small sip of the drink. I can feel it's sweet taste as it passes through my tongue "It's pretty good,kinda taste like pineapp.." i shut up before i realize the cup is a pineapple "i will shut up before i further embarrass myself"

"Yeah you really should" he says with a smirk while looking at drink. I start giggling as i over think how stupid i can be sometimes. I notice him looking at me now with the same smirk so I start blushing and laughing even harder.

"You're cute" he tells me and i can feel my face heating up even more than it already was.

"Thank you" I accept his compliment and start drinking again to avoid looking at him.

God why am i acting like this, i have never felt this....weird about a guy complimenting me, lately Luke has been acting different towards me, and it has brought us closer.

We sit there in silence for a few minutes just chilling in the water, the water is calm and the sun is up at the very top of the sky, more people are setting down into the sand and coming into the water making the surroundings a little louder

"Hey Ava, I know a place that's more peaceful and quiet...wanna go there instead?" He asks me in a kind of soft tone. After all the stress that i've gone through in the past twenty-four hours maybe a quiet place isn't too bad for me.

I nod in affirmation and we begging to get out of the water, he is getting towards the shore at a much faster pace than me and i scream at him "Luke wait up!" He stops and turns around waiting for me to catch up to him, once I do he grabs my hand and keeps walking at the same pace he was before.

I can easily feel my heart rate fasten and my hands sweat, I keep reacting this way anytime i have some sort of physical contact with him, God why am I like this, i think over this stuff way too much, There's not much to just a buddy holding hands to hurry your pace up.

We picked up our items left in the sand and hurried over to the car.

I could feel the hot sand sticking to my wet feet quickly as i looked through my mind looking for the reason i keep getting flustered around him, he's just a friend of mine right...

Friend

I haven't even called him that

I've been around him for a good amount of time yet i've never called him a friend,