Chapter 11

AVA

Vanessa and I look at each other wondering who it is, I could be Luke but it's probably not, it can also be Destiny who Vanessa got back in contact with this week after they saw each other at a party, but I get very bad vibe from her....I feel like I can't trust her.

And neither can Vanessa.

I start walking close to the door and this time the knock is even louder

"Coming!" I have to scream before who ever is behind the door kicks it open

I turn the door handle and as I open it I see sweet Carla just standing there, bloodshot eyes, and her eye bags make it seem as she hasn't slept in days, maybe weeks.

"Surprise" she says with a weak smile...that smile doesn't belong to her.

"Hey" I say bringing her into a hug knowing somethings wrong.

I bring her past the door and close it.

Van is looking out the window and as soon she hears the door click closed she turns to us her eyes noticing Carla immediately

"CARLA!" She's screams super loud hurting my ears.

She runs over to her and hugs her super tight.

I can hear Carla sigh.

Something happened.

She's never like this.

Ever.

If she isn't acting like the naïve, annoying, know it all girl she is, she's all happy, she's never this sad.

"What happened?" Vanessa asks looks at me and back at Carla

"Nothing" She lets out a laugh that wouldn't sound real even If i was hypnotized to think otherwise.

She completely ignores the question and continues "so, this is your room?, it's really cute, better in person acctually"

She sits down in what would be her bed "You know...." she trails off

"I made such a mistake of staying in Huston because of my internship....It was a dumb, dumb Idea" is this why she's sad?

"Carla...did you quit?" I know she loved that internship with all of her heart

"I wish that was the situation...."

Right as I'm about to open my mouth and ask again she says "Luis broke up with me"

The shock in our faces is evident and she continues "to be specific he cheated on me with Jade for about a month, then he broke up with me for her..." Jade....wow, that was low.

Jade was our supposed "friend" from sophomore year till junior year when Vanessa came around.

She was as toxic as mercury, judges every single little thing we did, she degraded us, she didn't support us like friends are supposed to.

We trusted her with everything we had but yet she didn't care....

"She's such a bitch, she probably doesn't even like him"Vanessa tries to bring her mood up

"Besides...I don't know why you liked him, he was too cocky"

"I second that" we really didn't like him actually, but he used to make Carla happy, so we supported her relationship

"He was, wasn't he?" Carla asks us and both me and Vanessa nod

"Yeah...." she pauses but then continues "oh and Ava, I brought your dress back, your dad found it when he was cleaning your room"

"My dress?, what dress?"I try to remember but an image doesn't come to mind

"The red one you bought to wear on you Halloween costume"oh yeah that one, I don't think I'm gonna be wearing it to Halloween though,but it's too cute to just let it sit there

"I do t think imma wear it to halloween anymore...plus I don't wanna go to any parties because someone here has gone to one and she didn't look the same"i say looking at Vanessa

"It was one party, and it was fun so you Can calm your tits"I roll my eyes at her

....

It's Monday and the day has been pretty long, I didn't sleep well last night thinking about what I would make the topic of my first project in public speaking class about, so I'm pretty screwed, because I couldn't come up with one, and I'm sleep deprived, and hopefully I can still do it by myself, but otherwise, I'll have to work with someone that either doesn't care for school, is less creative than me, or if I'm lucky enough, Luke (sarcasm)

But from what I have observed from him, (not that I've been paying attention to what he does) he seems pretty smart, or at least smarter than I thought.

The whole time during class I don't really pay attention, all I do is think of topics and what I could talk about.

I mean environment is good one, but I feel like lots of people are going to do that, and religion is very....problematic thing, since so many people have different views in it, and I don't know a thing about sports

"Ms.Webber?" I hear the professor call out for me popping my bubble

"Can you come here?" Why would be ask me to go over to the front of the room in the middle of class?

Except class has ended and everyone is leaving the room.

As I stand up Mr.Wilson says "Mr.Stevenson you too"

Who is that?

Oh no

You have got to be kidding me

Mr.Stevenson is Luke

If I gotta make a guess I'm getting partnered up with him, aren't i?

"So Ms.Webber and Mr.Stevenson, neither of you have a partner or topic, so you guys will have to partner up and decide a topic together"

We look at each other 

"What?, Mr.Wilson I'm sorry but I work better alone, I get really stressed out when working with others"

I can practically feel Luke rolling his eye at me

"I'm sorry Ms.Webber but I gave you Friday and the whole weekend to think for a topic, and I would of let you to work alone if you had a topic ready but you don't, so that isn't as half as much progress as you should of done, same goes for you Mr.Stevenson.  Now you can go and work on it because most people in here has their speech planed, and have worked out how it's gonna be except for you two" the professor excuses himself and I look at Luke...

I'm going to stop saying I look at Luke

And I stare at Luke.

That's better

Wait

I'm gonna have to spend this week and next with Luke

Kill me now.

_______________

I know I know I wrote this chapter is a little chaotic but I'm just gonna not write more stuff in the bathtub :)but I kinda felt inspired