~ Twenty-three ~

~~~WARNING GUN VIOLENCE ~~~

15 minutes after the giant turkey a group of three dancing clowns stop 6 feet from us. They through some candy out to laughing children. When they step closer to us they stop. "Are you going to get us some candy?" Percy snickers to Tom. "Nah. Saving myself for pie." Tom smirks back. I laugh at the brothers before moving my eyes back to the middle clown pull something out of his pocket.

I hear a man yell 'GUN' before I hear the shots. My eyes are glued at the three clowns who are spraying bullets into the crowds. People are pushing, shoving, screaming crying. "Liv!" I hear Johnny voice yell snapping me out of the daze I'd sunken into. I look at Johnny who's pushing me and Tom back along with Percy and Marc. "Grab him!" I yell to Percy shoving a crying Tom towards him. Percy scoops him into his arms and runs forward pushing past all the people.

"Run!" Marc yells pushing Johnny and I. "Dad!" Johnny yells turning around in the crowd. "I can't see him!" I yell to Johnny searching for Marc. "Johnny! Go! Keep the babies safe!" I hear Marc voice yell. "Marc!" I scream moving forward stumbling over something. I shouldn't have looked down. But I did. "Oh god." I whisper looking down at the dead body of a girl I'd seen around school.

"Liv. We have to go." Johnny says grabbing my hand and pulling me towards where Percy ran off too. Everything becomes a blur. I hear more gunshots, screams, sirens and crying. I don't know how but Johnny I have ended up inside a clothing store with Percy and Tom. "Liv!" Tom screams in panic. "Fuck!" Percy yells running up to us. "You need an ambulance!"

I whip my head to Johnny and check him over from head to toe. He and Willow both look fine. "Liv!" Johnnys voice says making me whip my eyes to his. "Where are you hurt?" He asks grabbing my shoulders. "I'm not hurt." I say through my scratchy throat. "You can't die!" Tom cries staring at my arm. I look down and see my whole right arm covered in blood. Did I get shot? I move my arm and can't feel anything wrong.

"It's not my blood." I say in a monotone voice.

Arlo.

"No. No. No." I say as I start to cry. I pull off his beanie and throw it at Johnny. I look down and Arlo looks back at me blinking two times before he bursts into tears. I quickly pull him out of the pack and check him over. "He's okay. You're okay. Mommys here." I say kissing his forehead before crying onto the top of his head. "We're all okay." Johnny soothes me wrapping one of his arms around me.

~

One hour later the police come in and let everyone leave. They caught the killers. We've all tried calling Marc. None of us have been able to get through. "I'm going to try dad again." Percy says leaning against the wall. "Do you think dad will let me sleep in his bed?" Tom whispers holding my hand. I look at Johnny not knowing what to say. "Of course he will." Johnny gives him a small smile. I glance over at Percy who's mouth is moving. Thank god. He's got hold of Marc.

My relief only last a second before I see Percy crumble to the floor sobbing. "Shit." Johnny mutters under his breath. "Look after Tom." He says kissing my cheek before running over to Percy. I see Johnny wrap his arms around Percy and cry with him. "What's going on?" Tom asks me. "Everything is going to be okay." I speak for the first time since seeing Arlo was okay.

"Come on. Let's go home." Johnny says grabbing my free hand. Percy follows closely behind and grabs ahold of Tom and lifts him into his arms. "I can walk you know?" Tom sasses. "Just let me hold you." Percy says through his tears. "He's dead isn't he?" Tom asks, his eyes filling with tears. "I'm so sorry Tom." Percy says his voice breaking. Tom breaks into sobs onto his older brother shoulder, and stays that way until he reach home.