Chapter 19

Chapter 19

            We went back to the hotel, and I took a long shower. I got into my pajamas, and went on my laptop. I decided to video chat Taylor. I looked to see if she was on and clicked on her picture.

            “What up?” she asked.

            “Nothing. It’s great out here. I love it.” I said, but I knew my voice didn’t sound as happy as I wanted it to be. Like I said, I was a bad liar.

            “What’s wrong?” she asked concerned.

            “I don’t know. I really do love it here. It’s beautiful, but Will-I just don’t know. He has been really distant today. I don’t know if I did something.” I thought back to see if I did anything wrong; nothing came up.

            “Boys always act like that when they don’t want to talk about stuff.” Taylor said while munching on popcorn.

            “Yeah, I figured that, but what?” I asked, more to myself than Tay.

            “Idk. Ask him.” She said.

            I sighed. “Thanks for the advice. I’ll talk to him tomorrow.” I signed out of the conversation. It was really late back home, so I let Tay go to bed.

            I put the pillow over my head and let out a frustrated scream.  I heard Will come in, but I went to sleep instead of confronting him. I knew that I was going to talk to him the next day.

            The following morning, we didn’t have any plans except for dinner. Mr. and Mrs. Grant were taking us to a very fancy restaurant.

            Vicky wanted to go to the day care, so she could hang out with kids her own age, and Mr. and Mrs. Grant had to run some errands, so it was just Will and me. I wanted to go down by the beach, and after some persuasion, he agreed.

            I grabbed my towel, and we headed for the beach. I spread it down on the sand and turned on my music. I was so exhausted from the past few days, that I just wanted to bask in the sun.

            After a while in the sun, Will wanted to take a dip in the water. I was lying on my stomach when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around expecting Will, but it was someone else.

            “Hey. I’m Cole.” The boy with the brilliant green eyes said.

            “Skylar.” I said while taking off my sunglasses.

            “So what’s a cute girl like you sitting here by yourself?” he asked while sitting down on my towel.

            I shrugged with a smile. This guy was obviously flirting with me, but I didn’t really care.