Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"The jury has made a decision." A man said. "We find Jace Knight guilty."

"I sentence Jace Knight to six months prison, and a filed restraining order." The judge said,

My heart dropped a little at how short of a sentence he got, but I knew it was a possible outcome. Will looked at me with a worried face, and I gave him a small kiss to show him I was fine.

"He should be locked up forever." I heard Tay mumble.

"It's ok. He can't touch me ever again." I reassured her.

I was happy with the sentence that Jace received. Sure, I hoped he would get a longer time, but it was ok.

The Grants dropped Will and me off at my place. I plopped down on the couch, and Will sat right next to me. He had his arm around my shoulder.

"I love you." He told me.

"I love you too. Thank you for everything that you have done." I told him.

"You don't-" he started.

"Just this once, don't be so modest." I laughed at him.

I really did love this kid. He was the reason that I was happy, and hopefully the reason that I would stay happy. We have been through so much together, and he has never left my side once. He truly was amazing. I don't know what would have happened if I never would have met the boy next door.

"Everything ok?" he asked me.

"Just perfect." I answered as I kissed him.