Chapter Eight: Old Friend

Your POV

It's been about two months since I've become a vampire. Things have been totally easy and accident free. Well, except that time I didn't feed for a week because I was upset and I almost killed this girl named Jessica...

But that was hardly anything to worry about!

Edward was worried about the Volturi coming to get me, but Carlisle said they would have no reason to since I haven't made a scene. The Volturi intrigued me. They held so much power, I couldn't help but be interested in them.

Especially Alec.

His power was something I couldn't even imagine possessing. Everything about Alec intrigued me. I wanted to meet him but Carlisle said no.

I finally had a hold of this vampire thing. Life was finally becoming a breeze.

•••

I lay flat on my bed and glance over at the clock.

2:07 a.m.

"Ugh! This whole not sleeping thing is totally killer!"

I stare at the ceiling and think about everything that's happened. More importantly, what the boys told me that night. The one thing that's absolutely crushed me about becoming a vampire.

I can't see Jake anymore.

This is complete and utter bull crap. He's been my bestfriend since I was four. How can I just not see him anymore? But they did seem rather serious about it..

I let out a loud groan.

I sit up and sling my legs over the side of the bed. I run my fingers through my hair. I throw a hoodie on a pair of shorts. I slip on shoes before tying my hair up. I walk over to the window and jump out, landing perfectly onto the ground.

Might as well go back to my real home.

I speed through the trees and within minutes I'm on the Cullen's doorstep. I can hear Jasper writing in his room. Emmett throwing a baseball in the air. Edward sifting through his cds. As I open the door all the sound stops. In mere seconds all three boys are standing in front of me with confusion written across their faces.

"Are you hurt?"

"What happened?"

"Is this a booty call?"

Both boys turn to Emmett and smack him. I let out a small giggle and roll my eyes. I brush past the boys and walk towards the stairs.

"Don't flatter yourself. I was just bored out of my mind at home, so I was thinking we could have a sleepover in my room."

I turn back to face the boys with a sweet smile planted on my face. I watch as huge grins form along the boys' faces.

"Uh yeah, totally," Emmett replies first and starts walking towards me. My smile grows as I shift my gaze back onto the other two boys.

"So are you guys just going to let me and Emmett go alone or-"

"NO!" They both yell in unison.

I laugh and speed to the top of the stairs.

"Then let's go."

I shoot the three boys a wink before walking into my bedroom. The boys arrive a single second after me, shoving each other to get in the door. As they barge in they all walk over to my bed and plop down on it.

I was the only one in this house other than Carlisle and Esme that owned a bed. Speaking of Carlisle and Esme...

"Guys, where's Mom and Dad?" I ask, a little confused.