Chapter Nine: Death Wish

Your POV

"Jake?"

My eyes go wide and my breathing goes shallow. I watch as Jake slowly turns around to face me. I feel myself become engulfed in emotions.

"Jacob!"

I feel a smile spread across my lips. I run up to Jake as fast as I can. I can't believe he's actually here. My bestfriend is here! But as I go to wrap my arms around his neck he grabs them, holding me away from him. I feel my brows furrow and my smile drop.

"So it's true?" He asks, with a look of disgust on his face.

I feel Jake's grip on my arms tighten as he stares at me. His grip is actually hurting me. This doesn't make sense. Humans aren't this strong. Humans can't-

Oh.

I finally take a real look at Jake. He cut all of his hair off. He has definitely gained muscles over the few months that I haven't seen him. He's grown a few inches too. Suddenly, I'm hit by a God awful stench.

Jake.. he's a...

"You're a werewolf?!"

Jake lets go of my arms and scoffs. He shakes his head and runs his fingers through his hair before looking back up to me.

"Oh please, don't act so surprised. I'm sure your filthy bloodsucker friends told you about me. But then again, you're one of them now, aren't you? How could you be so stupid?! It would've been better if you would've just died instead!" Jake screams as I see his body start to shake slightly. He's very clearly angry that I wasn't human anymore.

I take a step back and feel my eyes go wide. I'm terrified. I can't believe he said that. How could he want me dead? He's supposed to be my bestfriend! Edward told me they were dangerous. Jasper said they can't control their emotions so their phasing is out of control.

What if he phases on me?

I shake my head and try to clear my thoughts. I have to get out of here. I dip my head down and go to walk past Jake, towards my truck. I just need to go to the Cullen's. I just need to get away from him. As I walk past Jake he grips onto my arm tightly, yanking me back.

"(Y/n). I'm sorry, please. I didn't mean it."

I look up at Jake and see the tears welling in his eyes. I feel my heart shatter. I know I shouldn't do this, but this will be the easiest way to handle it. I pull my arm out of Jake's grip and take in a sharp breath.

"I've asked the boys every day for the past 3 months if I could come see you. Everyday, Jacob. It's good to know that the whole time I was begging to visit, you were just wishing I was dead instead."

I turn and run to my truck. If I could cry, the tears would be pouring down right now. I slam my door shut and smash the key into the ignition. Jake runs to my window and starts banging on it.

"(Y/n) no! Please! You have to understand! Don't go! I love you! You're my bestfriend. You can't go!"

I can hear the tears in his voice. I can't look at him. If I look at him I'll give in. I can't. Not after what he said.

I turn the key in the ignition and take in a shallow breath. As I let my foot off the brake, I throw the truck in reverse.

"Goodbye Jake."

As I drive away I look back in my rear view mirror. I watch as Jacob sinks to his knees in the middle of the road. Dry sobs escape my throat as I leave my childhood bestfriend behind. As I continue to sob I hear a howl erupt through the air. There was so doubt about it, that was Jake. And I'm sure by now, the pack knew.