Ch. 3 You're leaving Mystic Falls

Twilight_Hime10: This story sets during New Moon. Here are the characters' birthdays and their ages. 

Year: 2005

Bella Swan: September 13, 1987 (Age: Recently turned 18) 

Stefan Salvatore: November 1, 1846 (Age: Physically 17/Biologically 158-159) 

Caroline Forbes: October 10, 1987 (Age: 17-18) 

Jacob Black: January 14, 1990 (Age: 15) 

Charlie Swan: November 25, 1964 (Age: 40-41)

~*~

At Mystic Falls Cemetry, Stefan Salvatore stood in front of his descendant, Zachary "Zach" Salvatore's tombstone. Stefan silently stared at his descendant's grave as he pays his respects. Stefan finished praying as he gently placed his right hand on top of the headstone. 

" Morning, Zach," Stefan whispers. 

" I hope you are having a lovely day. I know I'm not," Stefan mumbles. " A lot of stuff happened last night," Stefan tells Zach. " I witnessed my girl-my ex-girlfriend kissed my older brother on the lips. It turns out that she and Damon are mates," Stefan explains. 

Stefan stayed quiet for a few seconds, and he continued to talk.  

" Who would have thought that Damon of all people has found their soul mate," Stefan tells Zach. " I wonder if I will have a mate as well," Stefan looks at the tombstone in the eyes. " Probably not," Stefan sadly sighed. " Who would want to be my mate?" Stefan asked himself. 

" Stefan?" A female voice calls out to Stefan. 

Stefan turns his head to the right, and he blinks when he sees a young woman with long wavy blonde hair and blue-green eyes holding a bouquet. 

" Caroline," Stefan smiles a little, feeling happy to see a friend. 

Caroline walks up to Stefan, and she stands next to him. 

Stefan glanced at Caroline, and he hummed when he saw Caroline's scar on her left shoulder, which resembles a crescent moon. 

Stefan saved Caroline from being turned into a vampire, by sucking the venom out of her system. Stefan felt terrible that Caroline got hurt by Damon, and was afraid that the young woman wouldn't want to be his friend. But, after the ordeal, Caroline confessed to Stefan that she doesn't mind being friends with him. 

Caroline pays her respects to Zach, and once she finished, she turns to look at Stefan. 

" What's wrong?" Caroline worriedly asked Stefan. " What did Elena do now?" Caroline looks at Stefan in the eyes. 

Stefan looked at Caroline with a raised eyebrow.

" You are my friend, Stefan. I could see the sadness in your eyes," Caroline tells Stefan. 

Stefan sighs. 

" Elena and I broke up," Stefan tells Caroline. 

Caroline frowns, feeling sorry for her best friend. Caroline holds the bouquet in her right arm as she wraps her left arm around Stefan, hugging him. 

" I'm sorry," Caroline whispers. 

Stefan lets Caroline hug him as he gently placed his left hand on top of Caroline's head. 

" It was bound to happen, Caroline. It turns out that Elena is my brother's soul mate," Stefan tells Caroline. 

Caroline frowns.