Ch. 12 Hey, Jessica. Whatcha looking at?

Inside the police cruiser, Bella is looking at her hands with a sadden expression. Bella still couldn't believe that Edward dumped her. Bella blinks when she sees a slightly bigger hand holding hers. Bella lifts her head, and she turns her head to the left to see Charlie holding her hand in a gentle grasp. 

" Dad," Bella softly calls out to Charlie. 

Charlie's eyes narrowed as he angrily stared at the road. 

" I always knew that Cullen boy was trouble," Charlie tells Bella. " You know that what he did to you, he could go to jail because he practically kidnapped you and left you there to die, so it counts as attempted murder," Charlie turns his head slightly to look at Bella. 

Bella tightly grasped Charlie's hand as she imagined Edward being in jail. Bella has seen a lot of crime shows as well as movies, and even though Edward is a vampire, if he were a human, he would have been someone's bitch. 

" I doubt Edward is going to stay in jail," Bella mumbles. 

Caroline looks at Bella with a worried expression since she is aware that Edward is a vampire thanks to Jacob's legends. 

' At least Bella and I have something in common. We are both in the supernatural world because we once dated vampires,' Caroline tells herself. ' Bella dated that Edward guy while I briefly dated Stefan's brother,' Caroline's hand reaches to Bella's shoulder as she lightly grasps it. 

Bella turns her head back to see Caroline looking at her with a loving expression. Bella's expression softens, feeling glad to have her cousin by her side. Bella knew if Caroline didn't live with her, she would have been a complete mess. 

Charlie lets go of Bella's hand as he continues to drive towards Forks Hospital. Many minutes later, the Swan family safely arrived at the hospital. Charlie parks his police cruiser at the emergency parking as he and Caroline got out of the vehicle. Charlie then lets Bella jump on his back as he holds her in a piggy-back position. Caroline was about to follow her family into the hospital when she hears her phone ring. 

" Uncle Charlie. Bella. I'll meet you guys soon. I need to take this phone call," Caroline tells her uncle and cousin. 

" Okay. Bells will text you the room we are in," Charlie tells Caroline. 

Caroline nods her head. 

Charlie turns around as he and Bella walked away from Caroline to the front desk. Caroline pulls out her cell phone from her purse as she annoyingly sighs when she sees that she has a miss call from her old friend, Elena Gilbert. 

Caroline raised an eyebrow when she sees that Elena left her a voicemail. Caroline lightly bites her lips as she debated whether or not to listen to the voicemail. Caroline shook her head as she decided to text her best friend. 

" Morning, Stefan. I'm at Forks Hospital with Uncle Charlie and Bella if you want to come to the hospital to see my cousin. ;) " Caroline texts Stefan. 

A few seconds later, Stefan responds to Caroline's text. 

" Why did you put a winking emoji?" Stefan texts Caroline. 

" Oh, you know. I noticed the way you were looking at Bella when she was asleep in your arms, hehe," Caroline texts Stefan. 

" What do you mean by the way I was looking at her?" Stefan texts Caroline. 

Caroline amusedly stares at her cell phone. 

" You know. It's like you have a crush on Bella," Caroline texts Stefan. 

" Care. For starters, Isabella is your cousin. You are probably mistaking this crush for my kindness. And besides Isabella is going through a breakup...," Stefan texts Caroline.