Ch. 4 You're leaving me

At Forks High School in Forks, Washington. An eighteen-year-old young woman with long wavy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes quietly stared at the TV. The young woman is Isabella "Bella" Marie Swan, and she is watching a movie in her English Literature class. Since it is a Friday, the teacher has decided to show his students a film about William Shakespeare's novel, Romeo and Juliet. 

"Don't waste your love on somebody who doesn't value it." ― William Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet.)

Bella slowly turns her head to the left, and she hums when she sees her boyfriend of six months, a male vampire named Edward Cullen silently staring out the window. 

' Edward has been quiet lately,' Bella tells herself. ' Well. He occasionally talks to me, but at times it has gotten a bit awkward,' Bella lightly bites her lips. ' I wonder. Is he still upset about what happened to me at my birthday party?' Bella worriedly asked. ' The incident happened three days ago,' Bella sadly stared at Edward.  

Bella's left hand slowly reaches out to touch Edward's right shoulder. Bella's heart skips a beat when she sees Edward turning his head to look at her. 

" Is everything alright?" Edward softly asked Bella. 

" I'm okay," Bella whispers. 

Edward's golden-colored eyes intently stared at Bella's chocolate brown eyes. 

" What's on your mind?" Edward curiously asked Bella. 

" I'm only worried about you, Edward," Bella softly tells Edward. " You have been acting distant lately," Bella looks at Edward in the eyes. 

" I'm okay, Bella. You know me. I have a lot on my mind lately," Edward merely tells Bella as he turns his head away to stare at the TV screen. 

"For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo." ― William Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet.) 

Bella's eyes sadden as she turns her head away to stare at her notebook. Bella grabs a pencil, and she begins to write on the blank piece of paper. 

I don't know what to do. 

I love Edward, but something in my heart is telling me that he doesn't love me back. 

I want to ask him, but I'm scared of what the results would be. 

I genuinely love Edward, and yet, I feel as though I am missing something. 

The ringing sound of the school's bell brought Bella back to reality. Bella quickly closed her notebook, and she puts it away in her backpack. Bella stands up, and she turns to look at Edward. 

" Ready for the second period?" Bella akwardly asked Edward. 

Edward nods his head at Bella. 

Bella walks beside Edward as the two teens left their English Literature classroom to their second period. 

At the Forbes Family's House in Mystic Falls, Virginia. Stefan stepped out of the home as he lifts his head to stare at the sky. Stefan smiled a little, feeling sad yet happy that he is finally going to leave his childhood hometown. A hand gently touched Stefan's shoulder, which causes him to turn his head back to look at Caroline. 

" Be careful. Knowing Elena, she wouldn't like that her friend is leaving Mystic Falls," Caroline looks at Stefan in the eyes. 

Stefan nods his head. 

" Of course," Stefan softly smiles at Caroline. 

Caroline smiles back at Stefan. 

" I'm going to start packing," Caroline tells Stefan.