Ch. 7 Who are you?

Deep in the Forks Forest, Bella Swan is peacefully sleeping on the ground. Raindrops began falling from the sky, and one landed on Bella's face. Bella slowly opens her eyes, and she blinks when she sees trees surrounding her. Bella sits up straight as memories of what happened earlier between her and Edward resurfaced. Bella begins to cry, feeling heartbroken that Edward broke up with her. 

" Why, Edward?" Bella mumbles. 

" Why did you have to leave me? What did I do wrong?" Bella asked herself. 

Bella lifts her head, and she blinks when she feels the raindrops hitting her on the face. Bella sadly sighed as her tears got masked with the rain. Bella begins to stand up, but she falls back to the ground when she felt a throbbing pain coming from her right leg. Bella looks down as she rolls up her right pant sleeve, and her eyes widened when she sees that her right ankle got swollen and bruised. 

Bella's sadness for Edward breaking up with her quickly change into anger when she realizes that he left her in the woods. 

" That asshole!" Bella lividly curses. 

" But then again, I am an idiot for allowing him to take me to the forest to talk," Bella annoyingly sighs. 

Bella lifts her head, and she looks around her surroundings. Bella shivered since the rain is getting heavier. Bella carefully laid herself on her stomach, and she started to crawl towards a tree. 

At the tree, Bella made sure to be careful with her injury as she sat against it. Bella pulls her hoodie up, and she hugs herself. 

" I want to go home, but I can't because of my freaking ankle," Bella mumbles. " I have a feeling that the school already informed my Dad about me being missing," Bella whispers. " I should have let Dad shoot that bastard when I had the chance," Bella looks down at her feet. " Dad was right, he may look nice, but he does scream trouble," Bella sadly sighs. 

At Forks Police Station, Charlie froze when he hears that Bella has gone missing. Charlie turns to look at Caroline and Stefan. 

" I'm sorry you two, but can you go to my house and see if Bella is there?" Charlie worriedly asked the two teens. " I'll meet you two at the house in a few minutes. I need to make some phone calls," Charlie tells them. 

" Of course!" Caroline nods her head. 

" Here is the key to the house," Charlie pulls out a key from his right pant pocket, and he gives it to Caroline. 

" Be careful you two. The rain in this town can get dangerous," Charlie warns Caroline and Stefan. 

Caroline and Stefan nod their heads. 

Stefan escorts Caroline out of the police station and into their car. The two teens get inside as Stefan drives away from the station and towards the Swan Family's House. 

" Stefan. I'm scared," Caroline whispers. " Bella is my only cousin," Caroline turns her head to look out the window. " I don't want anything terrible to happen to her. I don't want to lose another member of my family," Caroline sadly tells Stefan. 

" Don't worry, Care," Stefan looks at the road. " Once we get to your Uncle's place, I'll go search for your cousin," Stefan tells Caroline. 

Caroline turns her head to look at Stefan, and she smiles at him. 

" I trust you," Caroline tells Stefan. 

Stefan softly smiles, feeling glad to hear that Caroline trust him in finding her cousin.  

Ten minutes later, Caroline and Stefan safely arrived at the Swan Family's House. The two teens got out of the car as they ran up the stairs to the front door. Caroline unlocks the door with the key, and they got inside. Stefan enters the main room, and he froze when his nose caught a delicious scent that reminded him of vanilla, cinnamon, and honey. Stefan didn't know why, but the smell made him feel strange, but in the right way.