Ch. 13 Your daughter is in good hands

At Forks Hospital, a male doctor named Dr. Snow carefully puts a black boot on Bella's right foot after putting a white cast on her foot to protect her right ankle. Dr. Snow lifts his head to look at Bella, and he smiles at her. 

" I know it looks ugly, but you are welcome to decorate it," Dr. Snow tells Bella. 

Bella nods her head as she smiled at Dr. Snow. 

" Thank you," Bella softly thanks her doctor. 

Dr. Snow stands up as he smiles at Bella. 

" I can take that boot off for you a month from today," Dr. Snow tells Bella. 

" Okay," Bella nods her head. 

" Well. That is all. You don't seem to be in that much pain, so I am not going to prescribe you medication. I hope you all have a good day," Dr. Snow waves goodbye to Bella and her relatives as he turns around, and he walks out of the room. 

Charlie and Caroline turned to look at Bella. 

" How are you feeling?" Charlie and Caroline worriedly asked Bella. 

Bella looks at her father and cousin, and she smiles softly. 

" I'm feeling better. Even though it is going to be awkward going to school in this," Bella sighs as she looks down at her black boot. 

" Cheer up, Bells! You make that boot look good," Caroline smiles at Bella. " And besides if someone tries to make fun of you. They have to deal with Stefan and me," Caroline tells Bella. 

Bella blinks when she hears Stefan's name as she curiously stared at her cousin. 

" You make it sound like you and your friend are going to my school," Bella tells Caroline. 

Caroline turns her gaze to Charlie as she smiled at her uncle. 

Charlie looks at Caroline and then at Bella as he smiled at them.

" Bells. Your cousin and her friend are going to finish their senior year at Forks High School," Charlie tells Bella. 

" That means we are going to graduate together!" Caroline happily tells Bella. 

Bella softly smiles when she hears that her cousin and Stefan are going to attend Forks High School and that they are going to graduate with her. 

" At least I know that this year is going to be better than last year," Bella tells Caroline. 

Caroline smiles at Bella. 

A knock on the door grabbed the Swan Family's attention. The three family members turned their heads to see Stefan standing outside of the room with a wrapped blue box. 

" Stefan," Caroline smiles when she sees her best friend. 

Bella didn't know why, but she feels happy to see her cousin's friend. Bella blinks when she sees Stefan walking up to her. What took Bella by surprise is seeing Stefan holding the wrapped blue box towards her. 

Bella dumbfoundedly stares at Stefan, but it made her look like a confused puppy.   

" For me?" Bella asked while pointing to herself.  

" Yes," Stefan nods his head. " Consider it as a late birthday and get well soon present," Stefan tells Bella as he carefully placed the wrapped blue box on her lap. 

Caroline stands next to Charlie as she smiled at her cousin and her best friend. Caroline hugs her uncle's arm, who is carefully eyeing Stefan. 

Bella shyly looks down at her gift.